Marinoni Ciclo - English or Italian BB

padawan

Dec 23, 2005
Does anyone know if Marinoni bikes are made 100% for English or Italian bottom brackets? Or do they make frames for both types?

I have a Marinoni Ciclo (2002 I believe) and I'm thinking of changing the drive train from current Campy to Shimano. I intend to outfit it with Ultegra 6600 if I can. I want to make sure I'm buying compatable parts. :confused:

padawan said:
Does anyone know if Marinoni bikes are made 100% for English or Italian bottom brackets? Or do they make frames for both types?

I have a Marinoni Ciclo (2002 I believe) and I'm thinking of changing the drive train from current Campy to Shimano. I intend to outfit it with Ultegra 6600 if I can. I want to make sure I'm buying compatable parts. :confused:
take out your current BB and measure it/see which way the threads go

padawan said:

Italian threaded bottom bracket "cups" are threaded into bottom bracket SHELLS which are 70mm wide -- usually imprinted 36x24 on the fixed cup -- both cups have standard right hand threads.

British threaded bottom bracket "cups" are threaded into bottom bracket SHELLS which are 68mm wide -- usually imprinted 1.37x24 on the fixed cup -- the fixed cup on the drive side has a left hand thread.