Marinoni customers: i'm thinkin' of buying one

canali

Jul 31, 2003
After so much time hunting (rivendell, heron, cherry, richard sachs,
tsunami, koga miyata, bruce gordon, cannondale, gunnar etc etc etc) I've decided that the best bang for my buck is a marinoni...and if i want it custom it's only a little more than $100 extra.

Considering the ciclo, turisma or a cyclocross....basically want a versatile bike for loaded touring BUT is a fast commuter, too, (hence the custom bit...although I do realize that 'rotational
weight' is an important factor, too).

Would love to hear from Marinoni customers.

Joe Collins
Vancouver BC
[email protected]

Sorry; haven't bought one. There's a nice local shop here that deals in them, though, and I often drop by just to admire the frames. They hang by the dozen over the shop counter, painted in all sorts of custom fades. The shop owners speak very highly of them and sell a considerable number, despite also being a good-sized dealer for Giant, Airborne, Fuji, and Terry.

Good luck with your decision!

Originally posted by canali
After so much time hunting (rivendell, heron, cherry, richard sachs,
tsunami, koga miyata, bruce gordon, cannondale, gunnar etc etc etc) I've decided that the best bang for my buck is a marinoni...and if i want it custom it's only a little more than $100 extra.

Considering the ciclo, turisma or a cyclocross....basically want a versatile bike for loaded touring BUT is a fast commuter, too, (hence the custom bit...although I do realize that 'rotational
weight' is an important factor, too).

Would love to hear from Marinoni customers.

Joe Collins
Vancouver BC
[email protected]

--I ride with a buddy who's on a Marinoni steel road bike, yellow with blue accents, built up with Campy. It's a beautiful bike, and he says it's comfortable for his long rides, etc. From what I have read in the past, they offer a lot of dollar value and quality.

Good luck.

Considering the ciclo, turisma or a cyclocross....basically want a versatile bike for loaded touring BUT is a fast commuter, too,

Joe,

I am also in the market for the similar requirements as yours. Currently, I am considering the Canadian Club at www.truenorthcycles.com in Kitchener, ON. Have you talked to these people yet?

Good luck in your quest and let us know what you end up buying,
Mike

I have the 2007 Marinoni Ciclo Xtra @ $2300 CDN. By far, the most beautiful classic looking sport touring out there. Very reliable and very strong bike. I have nothing bad to say about this bike. It is an awesome bike, very fast, nimble, safe, great handling, instills lots of confidence riding. It is just a plain comfortable bike!!

My bike is equipped with full Campagnolo Veloce, Columbus Cromoly butted tube, carbon fork, carbon rear triangle. Bike performs very well. You can go for miles with these without a problem. Campy Veloce shifts like a dream,never had to adjust anything ever since i bought them.

I could keep up with my weekend warrior bike buddies with their full carbon road race bike. Never underestimate this bike, it is a fast sport tourer!!! The Revolution wheels are indestructible...

I commute about 200 kms per week with these, it is also my training bike that gives me strong legs and lungs. Buy this bike asap! stop looking at other companies, try Marinoni, YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!!!!

God bless bro...
Gardner