Mario's Songs from his iPod

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Onthabeach, May 15, 2003.

  1. Onthabeach

    Onthabeach Guest

    Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel

    1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty
    2. Forever Young. Bob Dylan
    3. Old Man (take a look at my life) Neil Young
    4. When I was 17. Frank Sinatra.
    5. Is that all there Is. Peggy Lee.
    6. Knocking on Heaven's Door. Bob Dylan.
    7. Miles Does the VooDoo Run. Miles Davis.
    8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.
    9. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times. Beach Boys.
    10. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Ramones.
    11. Fool on the Hill. The Beatles.
    12. The Weight. The Band.
    13. Young Man Blues. The Who or Mose Allison.
    14. One (is the Lonliest Number). Three Dog Night.
    15. Satisfaction. Devo.
    16. The Thrill is Gone. BB King.
    17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (OnThaBeach) writes:

    > Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
    >
    > 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty
    > 2. Forever Young. Bob Dylan
    > 3. Old Man (take a look at my life) Neil Young
    > 4. When I was 17. Frank Sinatra.
    > 5. Is that all there Is. Peggy Lee.
    > 6. Knocking on Heaven's Door. Bob Dylan.
    > 7. Miles Does the VooDoo Run. Miles Davis.
    > 8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.
    > 9. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times. Beach Boys.
    > 10. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Ramones.
    > 11. Fool on the Hill. The Beatles.
    > 12. The Weight. The Band.
    > 13. Young Man Blues. The Who or Mose Allison.
    > 14. One (is the Lonliest Number). Three Dog Night.
    > 15. Satisfaction. Devo.
    > 16. The Thrill is Gone. BB King.
    > 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.

    POTM

  3. [email protected] (OnThaBeach) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
    >
    > 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty
    > 2. Forever Young. Bob Dylan
    > 3. Old Man (take a look at my life) Neil Young
    > 4. When I was 17. Frank Sinatra.
    > 5. Is that all there Is. Peggy Lee.
    > 6. Knocking on Heaven's Door. Bob Dylan.
    > 7. Miles Does the VooDoo Run. Miles Davis.
    > 8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.
    > 9. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times. Beach Boys.
    > 10. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Ramones.
    > 11. Fool on the Hill. The Beatles.
    > 12. The Weight. The Band.
    > 13. Young Man Blues. The Who or Mose Allison.
    > 14. One (is the Lonliest Number). Three Dog Night.
    > 15. Satisfaction. Devo.
    > 16. The Thrill is Gone. BB King.
    > 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.

    I think the fact that you know songs by these p33ps (with the exception of Eminem) says more about
    you than it does about Mario. If anyone is over the hill, it is you.

  4. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote:

    > [email protected] (OnThaBeach) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >

    > > Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
    > >
    > > 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty
    > > 2. Forever Young. Bob Dylan
    > > 3. Old Man (take a look at my life) Neil Young
    > > 4. When I was 17. Frank Sinatra.
    > > 5. Is that all there Is. Peggy Lee.
    > > 6. Knocking on Heaven's Door. Bob Dylan.
    > > 7. Miles Does the VooDoo Run. Miles Davis.
    > > 8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.
    > > 9. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times. Beach Boys.
    > > 10. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Ramones.
    > > 11. Fool on the Hill. The Beatles.
    > > 12. The Weight. The Band.
    > > 13. Young Man Blues. The Who or Mose Allison.
    > > 14. One (is the Lonliest Number). Three Dog Night.
    > > 15. Satisfaction. Devo.
    > > 16. The Thrill is Gone. BB King.
    > > 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.
    >
    > I think the fact that you know songs by these p33ps (with the exception of Eminem) says more about
    > you than it does about Mario. If anyone is over the hill, it is you.

    Boyd, surely you can't think that knowing musicians who aren't the latest flavor of the minute makes
    you "over the hill"? Do you sell your discs after you've listened to them for a month? Did you get
    rid of your records for cds? Did you even have any vinyl records?!?!?!?

    --
    tanx, Howard

    Read. Think. Type. Send.

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

    For some people, quantity IS quality...

  5. "OnThaBeach" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...

    ...snip...

    > 8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.

    ...snip...

    Man, SRV in the bicycle group. Great you remembered him :eek:)

    HB

  6. In article <[email protected]>, Howard Kveck
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > [email protected] (OnThaBeach) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    > >

    > > > Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
    > > >
    > > > 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty
    > > > 2. Forever Young. Bob Dylan
    > > > 3. Old Man (take a look at my life) Neil Young
    > > > 4. When I was 17. Frank Sinatra.
    > > > 5. Is that all there Is. Peggy Lee.
    > > > 6. Knocking on Heaven's Door. Bob Dylan.
    > > > 7. Miles Does the VooDoo Run. Miles Davis.
    > > > 8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.
    > > > 9. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times. Beach Boys.
    > > > 10. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Ramones.
    > > > 11. Fool on the Hill. The Beatles.
    > > > 12. The Weight. The Band.
    > > > 13. Young Man Blues. The Who or Mose Allison.
    > > > 14. One (is the Lonliest Number). Three Dog Night.
    > > > 15. Satisfaction. Devo.
    > > > 16. The Thrill is Gone. BB King.
    > > > 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.
    > >
    > > I think the fact that you know songs by these p33ps (with the exception of Eminem) says more
    > > about you than it does about Mario. If anyone is over the hill, it is you.
    > >

    > Boyd, surely you can't think that knowing musicians who aren't the
    latest flavor of the minute makes
    > you "over the hill"? Do you sell your discs after you've listened to
    them for a month? Did you get
    > rid of your records for cds? Did you even have any vinyl records?!?!?!?

    Yes, I'd like to think Mario would have some recordings from after 1972 (aside from SRV and Eminem).

    A few weeks ago I was at a friend's birthday party. There was a guy there who was a husband of one
    of the guests, I never got the guy's name. He was this loudmouth, baby-boomer blowhard who thinks he
    knows everything about everything, especially music, but as he blabbed, it was obvious he didn't
    know nearly as much as he thought he did. He actually reminded me more of Murphy Brown, when he
    said, "I don't own any music made after 1974!" I said, "And you're PROUD of that???" What a maroon.

  7. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Yes, I'd like to think Mario would have some recordings from after 1972 (aside from SRV and
    > Eminem).

    I believe he does:

    Released in 1978, and

    from 1977. I don't know what kind of calendar ya'll use up in Canada, but in the rest of the world,
    both qualify as post `72.

    stones:

    > A few weeks ago I was at a friend's birthday party. There was a guy there who was a husband of one
    > of the guests, I never got the guy's name. He was this loudmouth, baby-boomer blowhard who thinks
    > he knows everything about everything, especially music, but as he blabbed, it was obvious he
    > didn't know nearly as much as he thought he did. He actually reminded me more of

    while demonstrating the same behavior....well....who could resist?

    > Murphy Brown, when he said, "I don't own any music made after 1974!" I said, "And you're PROUD of
    > that???" What a maroon.

    --Tim (who doesn't care for most of the music made after 1791, and is PROUD of that)

  8. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    " Tim Mullin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > --Tim (who doesn't care for most of the music made after 1791, and is
    PROUD
    > of that)

    It was all downhill after Palestrina I reckon.

    Jeff

  9. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

  10. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

  11. "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Boyd, surely you can't think that knowing musicians who aren't the latest
    flavor of the minute makes
    > you "over the hill"? Do you sell your discs after you've listened to them
    for a month? Did you get
    > rid of your records for cds? Did you even have any vinyl records?!?!?!?

    Most people like music from their youth due to the nostalgic feelings it arouses.

    That doesn't mean the music is good. The true test of time for a musical work is if it is still
    remembered after all the people who listened to it in their youth are dead.

    Even then, a composition can totally suck. How about "Here Comes the Bride"? What a piece of crap.

    Most national anthems fall into this category. If they weren't national anthems, they would have
    been forgotten long ago.

  12. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

  13. Mike Cox

    Mike Cox Guest

    "OnThaBeach" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
    >
    > 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty
    > 2. Forever Young. Bob Dylan
    > 3. Old Man (take a look at my life) Neil Young
    > 4. When I was 17. Frank Sinatra.
    > 5. Is that all there Is. Peggy Lee.
    > 6. Knocking on Heaven's Door. Bob Dylan.
    > 7. Miles Does the VooDoo Run. Miles Davis.
    > 8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.
    > 9. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times. Beach Boys.
    > 10. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Ramones.
    > 11. Fool on the Hill. The Beatles.
    > 12. The Weight. The Band.
    > 13. Young Man Blues. The Who or Mose Allison.
    > 14. One (is the Lonliest Number). Three Dog Night.
    > 15. Satisfaction. Devo.
    > 16. The Thrill is Gone. BB King.
    > 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.

    18. Guarded by Monkeys. Cracker
    19. Ain't it Fun. The Dead Boys
    20. Is That All There Is? PJ Harvey and John Parish
    21. Late for the Train. Buzzcocks.
    22. This Charming Man. The Smiths
    23. We're Only Gonna Die For Our Arrogance. Sublime
    24. Do you Wanna Get Heavy? Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
    25. Can't Hardly Wait. The Replacements
    26. Half Past You. Love Battery
    27. You Have to Be Joking. The Flaming Lips. One for the older crowd:
    28. Sympathy for the Devil. The Rolling Stones and one for the 1791 (but why deny yourself
    Beethoven, Mahler, Scriabin, and so on?)
    29. Dies Irae. W.A. Mozart.

    Back to lurking..

  14. Otto

    Otto Guest

    > Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
    >
    > 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty

    > 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.

    What about:

    18. need to get some: division of laura lee
    19. please, please, please, let me get what i want: the smiths
    20. i'm finding it harder to be a gentleman: the white stripes
    21. failures: joy division
    22. invisible: fischerspooner
    23. low expectations: Edwyn Collins
    24. into the valley: the skids

  15. Otto

    Otto Guest

    [email protected] (OnThaBeach) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
    >
    > 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty

    > 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.

    Forgot to mention, in lieu of today's capitulation:

  16. OnThaBeach wrote:

    > 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.

    18. When the Music is over. The Doors (or even "The End" by the Doors?)

    Should I mention: Time to say Good Bye (F. Sinatra), Good night Ladies (Lou Reed), Let's go to Bed
    (The Cure), The last Dance (Element of Crime), Du bist ganz schön bedient (Tocotronic).

    No - not really. I hope he will be an exciting racer to watch for some time.

    Regards, Dieter

  17. Deeznuts

    Deeznuts Guest

    Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (OnThaBeach) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >

    > > Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
    > >
    > > 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty
    > > 2. Forever Young. Bob Dylan
    > > 3. Old Man (take a look at my life) Neil Young
    > > 4. When I was 17. Frank Sinatra.
    > > 5. Is that all there Is. Peggy Lee.
    > > 6. Knocking on Heaven's Door. Bob Dylan.
    > > 7. Miles Does the VooDoo Run. Miles Davis.
    > > 8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.
    > > 9. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times. Beach Boys.
    > > 10. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Ramones.
    > > 11. Fool on the Hill. The Beatles.
    > > 12. The Weight. The Band.
    > > 13. Young Man Blues. The Who or Mose Allison.
    > > 14. One (is the Lonliest Number). Three Dog Night.
    > > 15. Satisfaction. Devo.
    > > 16. The Thrill is Gone. BB King.
    > > 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.
    >
    > I think the fact that you know songs by these p33ps (with the exception of Eminem) says more about
    > you than it does about Mario. If anyone is over the hill, it is you.

    p33p? How old are you, man?

    Deez

  18. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    [email protected] (otto) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (OnThaBeach) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
    >
    > Forgot to mention, in lieu of today's capitulation:

    Today, rather than listen to the blah, blah, blah of the comentators telling me what I can damn well
    see for myself, I had Black Flag's _Slip It In_ cranked. Aptly, the track playing was _Wound Up_.
    Rollins wailing the lyric, "I get so wound up/To feel so let down," pretty much summed up the
    situation. Then again, Lombardi may be listening to the las cut on _In My Head_, _You Let Me Down_.

  19. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    > > Found on an iPod

    cool...so were the other 6000 songs?

    amazing that you can hold something smaller than a deck of cards and listen to 30GB of tunes.

    Remove S.P.A.M in email adddress Climb <at> mac <dot> com

  20. On Fri, 16 May 2003 17:57:37 -0400, Sparks wrote:
    >$XUW9&6W#.L8"U'MW^Kx+`>?2{So`?[%%%OTcj|6Ld?iQu|[email protected]|\|~d,?H<G8_uV<85z
    >nBz}%[email protected])[\<]_X\stf0!<Myk:Vwd

    Pinhead?