Mario's Songs from his iPod

Onthabeach

Guest
Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel

1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty
2. Forever Young. Bob Dylan
3. Old Man (take a look at my life) Neil Young
4. When I was 17. Frank Sinatra.
5. Is that all there Is. Peggy Lee.
6. Knocking on Heaven's Door. Bob Dylan.
7. Miles Does the VooDoo Run. Miles Davis.
8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.
9. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times. Beach Boys.
10. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Ramones.
11. Fool on the Hill. The Beatles.
12. The Weight. The Band.
13. Young Man Blues. The Who or Mose Allison.
14. One (is the Lonliest Number). Three Dog Night.
15. Satisfaction. Devo.
16. The Thrill is Gone. BB King.
17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.

[email protected] (OnThaBeach) writes:

> Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
>
> 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty
> 2. Forever Young. Bob Dylan
> 3. Old Man (take a look at my life) Neil Young
> 4. When I was 17. Frank Sinatra.
> 5. Is that all there Is. Peggy Lee.
> 6. Knocking on Heaven's Door. Bob Dylan.
> 7. Miles Does the VooDoo Run. Miles Davis.
> 8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.
> 9. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times. Beach Boys.
> 10. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Ramones.
> 11. Fool on the Hill. The Beatles.
> 12. The Weight. The Band.
> 13. Young Man Blues. The Who or Mose Allison.
> 14. One (is the Lonliest Number). Three Dog Night.
> 15. Satisfaction. Devo.
> 16. The Thrill is Gone. BB King.
> 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.

POTM

[email protected] (OnThaBeach) wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
>
> 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty
> 2. Forever Young. Bob Dylan
> 3. Old Man (take a look at my life) Neil Young
> 4. When I was 17. Frank Sinatra.
> 5. Is that all there Is. Peggy Lee.
> 6. Knocking on Heaven's Door. Bob Dylan.
> 7. Miles Does the VooDoo Run. Miles Davis.
> 8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.
> 9. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times. Beach Boys.
> 10. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Ramones.
> 11. Fool on the Hill. The Beatles.
> 12. The Weight. The Band.
> 13. Young Man Blues. The Who or Mose Allison.
> 14. One (is the Lonliest Number). Three Dog Night.
> 15. Satisfaction. Devo.
> 16. The Thrill is Gone. BB King.
> 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.

I think the fact that you know songs by these p33ps (with the exception of Eminem) says more about
you than it does about Mario. If anyone is over the hill, it is you.

In article <[email protected]>,
Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] (OnThaBeach) wrote in news:[email protected]:
>

> > Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
> >
> > 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty
> > 2. Forever Young. Bob Dylan
> > 3. Old Man (take a look at my life) Neil Young
> > 4. When I was 17. Frank Sinatra.
> > 5. Is that all there Is. Peggy Lee.
> > 6. Knocking on Heaven's Door. Bob Dylan.
> > 7. Miles Does the VooDoo Run. Miles Davis.
> > 8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.
> > 9. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times. Beach Boys.
> > 10. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Ramones.
> > 11. Fool on the Hill. The Beatles.
> > 12. The Weight. The Band.
> > 13. Young Man Blues. The Who or Mose Allison.
> > 14. One (is the Lonliest Number). Three Dog Night.
> > 15. Satisfaction. Devo.
> > 16. The Thrill is Gone. BB King.
> > 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.
>
> I think the fact that you know songs by these p33ps (with the exception of Eminem) says more about
> you than it does about Mario. If anyone is over the hill, it is you.

Boyd, surely you can't think that knowing musicians who aren't the latest flavor of the minute makes
you "over the hill"? Do you sell your discs after you've listened to them for a month? Did you get
rid of your records for cds? Did you even have any vinyl records?!?!?!?

--
tanx, Howard

Read. Think. Type. Send.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

For some people, quantity IS quality...

In article <[email protected]>, Howard Kveck
<[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > [email protected] (OnThaBeach) wrote in news:[email protected]:
> >

> > > Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
> > >
> > > 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty
> > > 2. Forever Young. Bob Dylan
> > > 3. Old Man (take a look at my life) Neil Young
> > > 4. When I was 17. Frank Sinatra.
> > > 5. Is that all there Is. Peggy Lee.
> > > 6. Knocking on Heaven's Door. Bob Dylan.
> > > 7. Miles Does the VooDoo Run. Miles Davis.
> > > 8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.
> > > 9. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times. Beach Boys.
> > > 10. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Ramones.
> > > 11. Fool on the Hill. The Beatles.
> > > 12. The Weight. The Band.
> > > 13. Young Man Blues. The Who or Mose Allison.
> > > 14. One (is the Lonliest Number). Three Dog Night.
> > > 15. Satisfaction. Devo.
> > > 16. The Thrill is Gone. BB King.
> > > 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.
> >
> > I think the fact that you know songs by these p33ps (with the exception of Eminem) says more
> > about you than it does about Mario. If anyone is over the hill, it is you.
> >

> Boyd, surely you can't think that knowing musicians who aren't the
latest flavor of the minute makes
> you "over the hill"? Do you sell your discs after you've listened to
them for a month? Did you get
> rid of your records for cds? Did you even have any vinyl records?!?!?!?

Yes, I'd like to think Mario would have some recordings from after 1972 (aside from SRV and Eminem).

A few weeks ago I was at a friend's birthday party. There was a guy there who was a husband of one
of the guests, I never got the guy's name. He was this loudmouth, baby-boomer blowhard who thinks he
knows everything about everything, especially music, but as he blabbed, it was obvious he didn't
know nearly as much as he thought he did. He actually reminded me more of Murphy Brown, when he
said, "I don't own any music made after 1974!" I said, "And you're PROUD of that???" What a maroon.

"Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Yes, I'd like to think Mario would have some recordings from after 1972 (aside from SRV and
> Eminem).

I believe he does:

Released in 1978, and

from 1977. I don't know what kind of calendar ya'll use up in Canada, but in the rest of the world,
both qualify as post `72.

stones:

> A few weeks ago I was at a friend's birthday party. There was a guy there who was a husband of one
> of the guests, I never got the guy's name. He was this loudmouth, baby-boomer blowhard who thinks
> he knows everything about everything, especially music, but as he blabbed, it was obvious he
> didn't know nearly as much as he thought he did. He actually reminded me more of

while demonstrating the same behavior....well....who could resist?

> Murphy Brown, when he said, "I don't own any music made after 1974!" I said, "And you're PROUD of
> that???" What a maroon.

--Tim (who doesn't care for most of the music made after 1791, and is PROUD of that)

"Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> It was all downhill after Palestrina I reckon.

He was certainly the last with mass appeal!

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Boyd, surely you can't think that knowing musicians who aren't the latest
flavor of the minute makes
> you "over the hill"? Do you sell your discs after you've listened to them
for a month? Did you get
> rid of your records for cds? Did you even have any vinyl records?!?!?!?

Most people like music from their youth due to the nostalgic feelings it arouses.

That doesn't mean the music is good. The true test of time for a musical work is if it is still
remembered after all the people who listened to it in their youth are dead.

Even then, a composition can totally suck. How about "Here Comes the Bride"? What a piece of ****.

Most national anthems fall into this category. If they weren't national anthems, they would have
been forgotten long ago.

"OnThaBeach" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
>
> 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty
> 2. Forever Young. Bob Dylan
> 3. Old Man (take a look at my life) Neil Young
> 4. When I was 17. Frank Sinatra.
> 5. Is that all there Is. Peggy Lee.
> 6. Knocking on Heaven's Door. Bob Dylan.
> 7. Miles Does the VooDoo Run. Miles Davis.
> 8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.
> 9. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times. Beach Boys.
> 10. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Ramones.
> 11. Fool on the Hill. The Beatles.
> 12. The Weight. The Band.
> 13. Young Man Blues. The Who or Mose Allison.
> 14. One (is the Lonliest Number). Three Dog Night.
> 15. Satisfaction. Devo.
> 16. The Thrill is Gone. BB King.
> 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.

18. Guarded by Monkeys. Cracker
19. Ain't it Fun. The Dead Boys
20. Is That All There Is? PJ Harvey and John Parish
21. Late for the Train. Buzzcocks.
22. This Charming Man. The Smiths
23. We're Only Gonna Die For Our Arrogance. Sublime
24. Do you Wanna Get Heavy? Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
25. Can't Hardly Wait. The Replacements
26. Half Past You. Love Battery
27. You Have to Be Joking. The Flaming Lips. One for the older crowd:
28. Sympathy for the Devil. The Rolling Stones and one for the 1791 (but why deny yourself
Beethoven, Mahler, Scriabin, and so on?)
29. Dies Irae. W.A. Mozart.

Back to lurking..

> Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
>
> 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty

> 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.

What about:

18. need to get some: division of laura lee
19. please, please, please, let me get what i want: the smiths
20. i'm finding it harder to be a gentleman: the white stripes
21. failures: joy division
22. invisible: fischerspooner
23. low expectations: Edwyn Collins
24. into the valley: the skids

[email protected] (OnThaBeach) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
>
> 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty

> 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.

Forgot to mention, in lieu of today's capitulation:

OnThaBeach wrote:

> 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.

18. When the Music is over. The Doors (or even "The End" by the Doors?)

Should I mention: Time to say Good Bye (F. Sinatra), Good night Ladies (Lou Reed), Let's go to Bed
(The Cure), The last Dance (Element of Crime), Du bist ganz schön bedient (Tocotronic).

No - not really. I hope he will be an exciting racer to watch for some time.

Regards, Dieter

Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (OnThaBeach) wrote in news:[email protected]:
>

> > Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
> >
> > 1. Old Man Down the Road. John Fogerty
> > 2. Forever Young. Bob Dylan
> > 3. Old Man (take a look at my life) Neil Young
> > 4. When I was 17. Frank Sinatra.
> > 5. Is that all there Is. Peggy Lee.
> > 6. Knocking on Heaven's Door. Bob Dylan.
> > 7. Miles Does the VooDoo Run. Miles Davis.
> > 8. Wall of Denial. Stevie Ray Vaughn.
> > 9. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times. Beach Boys.
> > 10. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Ramones.
> > 11. Fool on the Hill. The Beatles.
> > 12. The Weight. The Band.
> > 13. Young Man Blues. The Who or Mose Allison.
> > 14. One (is the Lonliest Number). Three Dog Night.
> > 15. Satisfaction. Devo.
> > 16. The Thrill is Gone. BB King.
> > 17. Lose Yourself. Eminem.
>
> I think the fact that you know songs by these p33ps (with the exception of Eminem) says more about
> you than it does about Mario. If anyone is over the hill, it is you.

p33p? How old are you, man?

Deez

[email protected] (otto) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (OnThaBeach) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Found on an iPod in a dumpster next to the Zebra team's hotel
>
> Forgot to mention, in lieu of today's capitulation:

Today, rather than listen to the blah, blah, blah of the comentators telling me what I can damn well
see for myself, I had Black Flag's _Slip It In_ cranked. Aptly, the track playing was _Wound Up_.
Rollins wailing the lyric, "I get so wound up/To feel so let down," pretty much summed up the
situation. Then again, Lombardi may be listening to the las cut on _In My Head_, _You Let Me Down_.

> > Found on an iPod

cool...so were the other 6000 songs?

amazing that you can hold something smaller than a deck of cards and listen to 30GB of tunes.

Remove S.P.A.M in email adddress Climb <at> mac <dot> com

On Fri, 16 May 2003 17:57:37 -0400, Sparks wrote:

Pinhead?