Mariott Way

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Succorso, Aug 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Succorso

Succorso Guest

Hi,

Anyone here cycled the Mariott Way from Norwich to Reepham? I'm sure there must be... ;)

My question is - is this a ride suitable for a hybrid/tourer (Falcon Explorer) or is it more "off
    road", like the Peddars Way?

Was thinking of giving it a go...

--
    Succorso

Tags:

2. >Anyone here cycled the Mariott Way from Norwich to Reepham? I'm sure there must be... ;)

Vernon has :)

>or is it more "off road", like the Peddars Way?
    >
    >Was thinking of giving it a go...
    >

Vernon did it in the Spring, when it had some distinctly wet, muddy and Really Only Suitable For
    Off-Road Bikes [TM] surfaces. The bits I've seen of it the surface isn't tarmaced, it's more a sort
    of compacted gravelly surface.

I'm sure there's others here with more experience.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
    This is sent from a redundant email Mail sent to it is dumped My correct one can be gleaned from
    h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
    overdependence on money and fame
    ~~~~~~~~~~

3. Andrew B

Andrew B Guest

I really depends on the weather.

The Marriott's way is mostly gravel / leaf litter . At present it is bone dry most of the way with
    the odd muddy patch that you can get round. I cycled it last weekend.

In the winter be prepared for conditions worse than a car park at Silverstone.

Give it a go & enjoy some lovely food * ale at the Old Brewery.

Regards,

Andrew

"Succorso" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone here cycled the Mariott Way from Norwich to Reepham? I'm sure there must be... ;)
    >
    > My question is - is this a ride suitable for a hybrid/tourer (Falcon Explorer) or is it more "off
    > road", like the Peddars Way?
    >
    > Was thinking of giving it a go...
    >
    > --
    > Succorso

4. Hiya,

Done this route a few times. A few slightly muddy bits, but most sections are a kinda fine gravelly
    surface, which is quite well packed down. Can't see a prob during this current heatwave with using a
    hybrid / util bike. As has been pointed out, the odd muddy bit in the lower-lying but nowt to worry
    about. NOT road bike territory however.

Make it a circular route. Carry on past Reepham to Aylsham, then cross the road & follow the Bure
    Valley Cycleway (next to the wee steam train track) - similiar surface to Marriot's Way. 9 miles &
    you're at Wroxham / Hoveton. Then take the back roads from there via Salhouse - numerous nice quiet
    backroad options most of the way back to Norwich. Mail if you want further info - I ride round this
    way all the time & have done almost every quiet road round that way.

Have a great ride.

PS: watch out for dog-walkers / dog-sh!t on the Marriot's Way.

"Succorso" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone here cycled the Mariott Way from Norwich to Reepham? I'm sure there must be... ;)
    >
    > My question is - is this a ride suitable for a hybrid/tourer (Falcon Explorer) or is it more "off
    > road", like the Peddars Way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.