markd / liar or stupid or both ?

Doe

Guest
You STILL haven't answered this question ..

http://tinyurl.com/2vtc2

>Subject: Re: low iron diet / diabetes From: [email protected] Date: 5/2/2003 9:27 AM Mountain
>Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>

>Here is an article which has research saying anemia, iron deficiency, is related to complications
>in diabetics:

It says squat about iron deficiency .. YOU .. specifically.. pointed out .. it did ..

Meaning you are either a liar or stupid ..

Which one .. ? or both .. ?

Anemia Common Among Diabetics Anemia is common in patients with diabetes, especially in those with
albuminuria or reduced renal function, (23%) had unrecognized anemia.

" Anemia is common in diabetes, potentially contributing to the pathogenesis of diabetes
complications," Dr. Merlin C. Thomas, of Baker Medical Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia, and
colleagues note. In a cross-sectional study of 820 diabetic patients, they examined the prevalence
and independent predictors of anemia.

Over a 2-year period, the researchers obtained a full blood count and routine blood and urine tests.
They used multiple and logistic regression analyses to determine predictors of the most recent Hb
concentration and anemia.

The investigators report that 190 patients (23%) had unrecognized anemia. "This prevalence is two to
three times higher than for patients with comparable renal impairment and iron stores in the general
population," Dr. Thomas and colleagues explain.

rate, and HbA1c level independently predicted Hb levels (all p < 0.0001). Compared with
normoalbuminuric patients with preserved renal function, those with microalbuminuria and those with
macroalbuminuria were more likely to have anemia (odds ratio 2.3 and 10.1, respectively).

" This study demonstrates that anemia is an early and common complication of diabetes," the
researchers conclude. In their study population, strong predictors of anemia included a glomerular
filtration rate of less than 60 mL/min and macroalbuminuria. Diabetes Care 2003;26:1164-1169.

===========================

Who loves ya. Tom Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

My dear Tom, doesn't such rhetorical tap dancing tire one easily? Here is
a snip from the article saying diabetics often have anemia:

The investigators report that 190 patients (23%) had unrecognized anemia. "This prevalence is two to
three times higher than for patients with comparable renal impairment and iron stores in the general
population,"
Dr. Thomas and colleagues explain.

Note the "iron stores" as a benchmark, and then consider from:

MEDLINEplus Medical Encyclopedia: Iron deficiency anemia

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000584.htm

Anemia develops slowly after the normal stores of iron have been depleted in the body and in the
bone marrow. Women, in general, have

If you had understood the context of the original abstract, you would know why so many diabetics are
anemic in some situations of the progression of the disease. Anymore questions?

>Subject: Re: markd / liar or stupid or both ?
>From: [email protected]
>Date: 2/16/2004 5:28 PM Mountain Standard Time
>
>My dear Tom, doesn't such rhetorical tap dancing tire one easily? Here is a snip from the article
>saying diabetics often have anemia:
>
>The investigators report that 190 patients (23%) had unrecognized anemia. "This prevalence is two
>to three times higher than for patients with comparable renal impairment and iron stores in the
>general population,"
>Dr. Thomas and colleagues explain.
>
>Note the "iron stores" as a benchmark, and then consider from:
>
> MEDLINEplus Medical Encyclopedia: Iron deficiency anemia
>
>http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000584.htm
>
> Anemia develops slowly after the normal stores of iron have been depleted in the body and in the
> bone marrow. Women, in general, have
>

>If you had understood the context of the original abstract, you would know why so many diabetics
>are anemic in some situations of the progression of the disease. Anymore questions?

The same questions ..

Are you stupid or a liar .. ?

You specifically said .. iron deficiency ..

There is NO .. iron deficiency ..

There is a LACK OF RED BLOOD CELLS ..

There are COMPARABLE iron stores ..

One has anemia .. the other .. doesn't ..

So you either understand the article and have LIED about iron deficiency .. or you are stupid {don't
understand the article] ..

Which .. is it .. or both ..

Diabetes Care 26:1164-1169, 2003 © 2003 by the American Diabetes Association, Inc.

------

Emerging Treatments and Technologies Original Article

Unrecognized Anemia in Patients With Diabetes A cross-sectional survey Merlin C. Thomas, MBCHB1,
Richard J. MacIsaac, PHD1,2, Con Tsalamandris, MBBS2, David Power, MD, PHD3 and George Jerums, MD2 1
Department of Medicine, Austin and Repatriation Medical Center, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia 2
Department of Endocrinology, Austin and Repatriation Medical Center, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
3 Department of Nephrology, Austin and Repatriation Medical Center, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia

OBJECTIVE—Anemia is common in diabetes, potentially contributing to the pathogenesis of diabetes
complications. This study aims to establish the prevalence and independent predictors of anemia in a
cross-sectional survey of 820 patients with diabetes in long-term follow-up in a single clinic.

RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS—A full blood count was obtained in addition to routine blood and urine
test results for all patients over a 2-year period to encompass all patterns of review. Predictors
of the most recent Hb concentration and anemia were identified using multiple and logistic
regression analysis.

RESULTS—A total of 190 patients (23%) had unrecognized anemia (Hb <12 g/dl for women and <13 g/dl
for men). This prevalence is two to three times higher than for patients with comparable renal
impairment and iron stores in the general population. Independent predictors for Hb were transferrin
saturation,

(all P < 0.0001). Microalbuminuric patients were >2 times (odds ratio [OR] 2.3) and macroalbuminuric
patients >10 times (OR 10.1) as likely to have anemia than normoalbuminuric patients with preserved
renal function (GFR >80 ml/min).

CONCLUSIONS—Anemia is a common accompaniment to diabetes, particularly in those with albuminuria
or reduced renal function. Additional factors present in diabetes may contribute to the development
of increased risk for anemia in patients with diabetes.

Abbreviations: AER, albumin excretion rate • ARMC, Austin and Repatriation Medical Center • DN,
diabetic nephropathy • GFR, glomerular filtration rate • NHANES III, Third National Health and
Nutrition Examination Survey • TSAT, transferrin saturation • WHO, World Health Organization