Market research: Electric Urban Vehicles

Projectitis

Feb 19, 2012
Hi all,

I am planning possible production of unique electric vehicles for urban commuting. The unique aspect of these vehicles is that not only do they use the latest battery technology, but they are beautifully crafted of natural materials (where possible), such as formed plywood, laminated bamboo, with leather, brass (etc) detailing. We are really trying to be a cross between Aston Martin and Harley Davidson of the electric vehicle world. So you can get 50-60km on a 10c charge, have a great looking vehicle, and know that you have made the smallest impact on the environment for a powered vehicle.

But I need your help - I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions.
Please complete a very short survey here: V-Electric Survey

Thanks!
Peter

p.s. I am posting here because our first planned vehicle is an electric scooter. It is possible that cycling enthusiasts would be interested in a commuting vehicle such as this! I also believe that Europeans (we are based in New Zealand) are very environmentally conscious.

The motor on my bike now has nearly unlimited range. And can be recharged in minutes with an ice cream cone and a water bottle.

Reactions: Projectitis
Haha! True enough. It also arrives sweaty for the same speed/range as an EV :)
Not trying to replace or disrespect cyclists. I'm hoping they can live side by side! Different usage situations...

Originally Posted by Projectitis .

Not trying to replace or disrespect cyclists. I'm hoping they can live side by side! Different usage situations...
I understand. I like the idea of electric powered vehicles and I am sure we can ride together. I just don't think cyclists are generally also scooter riders. For the most part (but not all)... cycling in America is a sport. We enjoy the effort and the sweat.