Marsden to Wakefield

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Clifton, May 11, 2003.

  1. Can anyone help?

    How can I find out if it is possible to cycle from Marsden near Huddersfield to Wakefield using the
    tow paths (presumably) of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal, the Huddersfield Broad Canal and the Calder
    & Hebble Navigation Canal?

    Regards

    Richard A Clifton Wakefield

    Tags:

  2. Take a look at the British Waterways
    http://www.britishwaterways.co.uk/downloads/Cycling%20On%20The%20Towpath1.pdf

    p17 states "No cycling allowed" on the Huddersfield Narrow Canal p24 - The HBC is "muddy, with a
    risk of pot holes" p24 - "No stretches open to cyclists" on the Calder & Hebble

    Doesn't look to be doable.

    Mike Tordoff Philadelphia, USA

    news:[email protected]...