MARTHA STEWART CONVICTED ON FOUR COUNTS

On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
> News just in!

Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that the like of Hilary and Ken Lay are living
the high life while they hang Martha out to dry.

nb

notbob wrote:

> On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
> > News just in!
>
> Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that the like of Hilary and Ken Lay are living
> the high life while they hang Martha out to dry.
>
> nb

I'm with you.

nancy

"notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
> > News just in!
>
> Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that the like of
Hilary
> and Ken Lay are living the high life while they hang Martha out to dry.

On my way home this afternoon I saw a billboard that must have been hastily put up. It read "Martha, you burned your cookies."

Her take was allegedly $50,000. OTOH there is a long trail of other white collar predators out there who collectively defrauded the public of $billions$ in corporate accounting scandals and nearly all of them remain untouched by any criminal prosecutions.

"notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
> > News just in!
>
> Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that the like of
Hilary
> and Ken Lay are living the high life while they hang Martha out to dry.
>
> nb

Well, since this is a *food* group, here is some food for thought. By all
accounts, Ken Lay is a long time close friend of the Bush family, Sr. and Jr.,
and one of their biggest campaign contributors. Martha is a Democrat......... Not
that that makes her any less guilty, but it could explain why she seems to get
more attention from the government than Lay does, even though her crime is on a
MUCH smaller scale than Lay's. H

"Sam D." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Her take was allegedly $50,000. OTOH there is a long trail of other white
> collar predators out there who collectively defrauded the public of $billions$
> in corporate accounting scandals and nearly all of them remain untouched by any
> criminal prosecutions.

You are correct, there are many people with worse crimes. And they should be
prosecuted also.

If Martha is indeed guilty, she should have some punishment.

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 01:30:43 GMT, notbob <[email protected]> wrote:

>On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
>> News just in!
>
>Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that the like of Hilary and
>Ken Lay are living the high life while they hang Martha out to dry.

I'm with you on Ken Lay, but what did "Hilary" [sic] do? She made some bad
investments. Remind me who exactly that hurt.

I feel the same way about Martha's case. Martha simply made the mistake of
supporting some of the Democrats's causes.

Leo

Leo Scanlon wrote:

> I'm with you on Ken Lay, but what did "Hilary" [sic] do?
> She made some bad investments. Remind me who exactly
> that hurt.
>
> I feel the same way about Martha's case. Martha
> simply made the mistake of supporting some of the
> Democrats's causes.
>
> Leo

I'm sitting here wondering what financial mess Ken Lay is
guilty of? Hillary we know had that lil front money from
Tyson Chicken to parlay into what... 250K or so? Very
unusual apparently. Figures. Goomba

notbob <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
>> News just in!

> Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that
> the like of Hilary and Ken Lay are living the high life
> while they hang Martha out to dry.

Actually, Ken Lay is looking at some major jail time, if I
am not mistaken. I do not know about his wife though.

Leo Scanlon <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 01:30:43 GMT, notbob
> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> News just in!
>>
>>Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that
>>the like of Hilary and Ken Lay are living the high life
>>while they hang Martha out to dry.

> I'm with you on Ken Lay, but what did "Hilary" [sic] do?
> She made some bad investments. Remind me who exactly
> that hurt.

> I feel the same way about Martha's case. Martha
> simply made the mistake of supporting some of the
> Democrats's causes.

Huh? What's this got to do with politics? MS was convicted
of lying to federal SEC investigators.

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 01:30:43 GMT, notbob <[email protected]> wrote:

>On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
>> News just in!
>
>Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that the
>like of Hilary and Ken Lay are living the high life while
>they hang Martha out to dry.
>
>nb

Martha probably didn't cultivate ( pay ) the right poitical
connections.......

When all is said and done, it's usually about money.

<rj

PENMART01 wrote:

> program where she's publicly demeaned, where she's made to
> scrub the curb the entire length of NYC's 34th St eight
> hours a day on her hands and knees, wearing a lurid jump
> suit with her name boldly emblazoned in big letters front,
> back, and across her big fat nasty butt. How dare some
> think she deserves kid

I'm not familiar with New York City. What's special about
34th St., that you specifically mention it?

John Gaughan wrote:

> I hope that ***** gets the chair.

And paints it bright, festive colors. :)

Seems to me automatic that ... oops, it's noon, FoodTV
will have on Martha Stewart. Guess who's *not* on FoodTV
at noon today.

nancy

notbob wrote:

> On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
> > News just in!
>
> Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that
> the like of Hilary and Ken Lay are living the high life
> while they hang Martha out to dry.

My biggest concern is that Bush will start another war to
divert attention from the problems with the stock market. It
is a pretty good system in theory, but we are seeing far too
many cases of people manipulating stocks and screwing their
shareholders of their hard earned money.

"Goomba38" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Leo Scanlon wrote:
>

> > I'm with you on Ken Lay, but what did "Hilary" [sic] do?
> > She made some bad investments. Remind me who exactly
> > that hurt.
> >
> > I feel the same way about Martha's case. Martha simply
> > made the mistake of supporting some of the Democrats's
> > causes.
> >
> > Leo
>
> I'm sitting here wondering what financial mess Ken Lay is
> guilty of?
Hillary we
> know had that lil front money from Tyson Chicken to parlay
> into what...
250K or
> so? Very unusual apparently. Figures. Goomba

Hillary made 100,000.00 bucks in the futures market. She
would not hav eneeded any front money from Tyson, she had
plenty of her own. She made the money in one huge trade
which is suspicious but it has been done many times in the
past by others.

Ken Lay is the mastermind behind Enron, a company that
was established for no other reason than to make
illegal profits.

Paul