    News just in!

    Tags:

  2. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

  3. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

  4. Notbob

    Notbob Guest

    On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
    > News just in!

    Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that the like of Hilary and Ken Lay are living
    the high life while they hang Martha out to dry.

    nb

  5. John Gaughan

    John Gaughan Guest

  6. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    notbob wrote:

    > On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > News just in!
    >
    > Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that the like of Hilary and Ken Lay are living
    > the high life while they hang Martha out to dry.
    >
    > nb

    I'm with you.

    nancy

  7. Sam D.

    Sam D. Guest

    "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s53...
    > On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > News just in!
    >
    > Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that the like of
    Hilary
    > and Ken Lay are living the high life while they hang Martha out to dry.

    On my way home this afternoon I saw a billboard that must have been hastily put up. It read "Martha, you burned your cookies."

    Her take was allegedly $50,000. OTOH there is a long trail of other white collar predators out there who collectively defrauded the public of $billions$ in corporate accounting scandals and nearly all of them remain untouched by any criminal prosecutions.

  8. Hairy

    Hairy Guest

    "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s53...
    > On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > News just in!
    >
    > Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that the like of
    Hilary
    > and Ken Lay are living the high life while they hang Martha out to dry.
    >
    > nb

    Well, since this is a *food* group, here is some food for thought. By all
    accounts, Ken Lay is a long time close friend of the Bush family, Sr. and Jr.,
    and one of their biggest campaign contributors. Martha is a Democrat......... Not
    that that makes her any less guilty, but it could explain why she seems to get
    more attention from the government than Lay does, even though her crime is on a
    MUCH smaller scale than Lay's. H

  9. "Sam D." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Her take was allegedly $50,000. OTOH there is a long trail of other white
    > collar predators out there who collectively defrauded the public of $billions$
    > in corporate accounting scandals and nearly all of them remain untouched by any
    > criminal prosecutions.

    You are correct, there are many people with worse crimes. And they should be
    prosecuted also.

    If Martha is indeed guilty, she should have some punishment.

  10. Leo Scanlon

    Leo Scanlon Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 01:30:43 GMT, notbob <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> News just in!
    >
    >Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that the like of Hilary and
    >Ken Lay are living the high life while they hang Martha out to dry.

    I'm with you on Ken Lay, but what did "Hilary" [sic] do? She made some bad
    investments. Remind me who exactly that hurt.

    I feel the same way about Martha's case. Martha simply made the mistake of
    supporting some of the Democrats's causes.

    Leo

  11. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    Leo Scanlon wrote:

    > I'm with you on Ken Lay, but what did "Hilary" [sic] do?
    > She made some bad investments. Remind me who exactly
    > that hurt.
    >
    > I feel the same way about Martha's case. Martha
    > simply made the mistake of supporting some of the
    > Democrats's causes.
    >
    > Leo

    I'm sitting here wondering what financial mess Ken Lay is
    guilty of? Hillary we know had that lil front money from
    Tyson Chicken to parlay into what... 250K or so? Very
    unusual apparently. Figures. Goomba

  12. stan

    stan Guest

    notbob <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> News just in!

    > Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that
    > the like of Hilary and Ken Lay are living the high life
    > while they hang Martha out to dry.

    Actually, Ken Lay is looking at some major jail time, if I
    am not mistaken. I do not know about his wife though.

  13. stan

    stan Guest

    Leo Scanlon <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 01:30:43 GMT, notbob
    > <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> News just in!
    >>
    >>Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that
    >>the like of Hilary and Ken Lay are living the high life
    >>while they hang Martha out to dry.

    > I'm with you on Ken Lay, but what did "Hilary" [sic] do?
    > She made some bad investments. Remind me who exactly
    > that hurt.

    > I feel the same way about Martha's case. Martha
    > simply made the mistake of supporting some of the
    > Democrats's causes.

    Huh? What's this got to do with politics? MS was convicted
    of lying to federal SEC investigators.

  14. <Rj>

    <Rj> Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 01:30:43 GMT, notbob <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> News just in!
    >
    >Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that the
    >like of Hilary and Ken Lay are living the high life while
    >they hang Martha out to dry.
    >
    >nb

    Martha probably didn't cultivate ( pay ) the right poitical
    connections.......

    When all is said and done, it's usually about money.

    <rj

  15. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    PENMART01 wrote:

    > program where she's publicly demeaned, where she's made to
    > scrub the curb the entire length of NYC's 34th St eight
    > hours a day on her hands and knees, wearing a lurid jump
    > suit with her name boldly emblazoned in big letters front,
    > back, and across her big fat nasty butt. How dare some
    > think she deserves kid

    I'm not familiar with New York City. What's special about
    34th St., that you specifically mention it?

  16. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    John Gaughan wrote:

    > I hope that bitch gets the chair.

    And paints it bright, festive colors. :)

  17. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Seems to me automatic that ... oops, it's noon, FoodTV
    will have on Martha Stewart. Guess who's *not* on FoodTV
    at noon today.

    nancy

  18. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    notbob wrote:

    > On 2004-03-05, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > News just in!
    >
    > Is she guilty? Probably. But, it sticks in my craw that
    > the like of Hilary and Ken Lay are living the high life
    > while they hang Martha out to dry.

    My biggest concern is that Bush will start another war to
    divert attention from the problems with the stock market. It
    is a pretty good system in theory, but we are seeing far too
    many cases of people manipulating stocks and screwing their
    shareholders of their hard earned money.

  19. "Goomba38" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Leo Scanlon wrote:
    >

    > > I'm with you on Ken Lay, but what did "Hilary" [sic] do?
    > > She made some bad investments. Remind me who exactly
    > > that hurt.
    > >
    > > I feel the same way about Martha's case. Martha simply
    > > made the mistake of supporting some of the Democrats's
    > > causes.
    > >
    > > Leo
    >
    > I'm sitting here wondering what financial mess Ken Lay is
    > guilty of?
    Hillary we
    > know had that lil front money from Tyson Chicken to parlay
    > into what...
    250K or
    > so? Very unusual apparently. Figures. Goomba

    Hillary made 100,000.00 bucks in the futures market. She
    would not hav eneeded any front money from Tyson, she had
    plenty of her own. She made the money in one huge trade
    which is suspicious but it has been done many times in the
    past by others.

    Ken Lay is the mastermind behind Enron, a company that
    was established for no other reason than to make
    illegal profits.

    Paul