maryland area mountain biking?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Matthew Fowle, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. live right by dc.

    and havent been mountain biking in far too long.

    does anyone have suggestions? where should i start looking.

    thanks Matt

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Matthew Fowle" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > live right by dc.
    >
    > and havent been mountain biking in far too long.
    >
    > does anyone have suggestions? where should i start looking.
    >
    > thanks Matt

    Check these folks out http://www.more-mtb.org/ Midatlantic Off Road Enthusiasts. The have
    directions to trails in your area and regularly scheduled group rides. Really good bunch, those I
    have met anyway.

    Mike - Richmond, VA.

  3. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    "Matthew Fowle" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > live right by dc.
    >
    > and havent been mountain biking in far too long.
    >
    > does anyone have suggestions? where should i start looking.

    Look around Patapsco State Park... that's the most popular biking place I know of in Maryland.

    -John Morgan
    --
    To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

  4. Alexn

    Alexn Guest

  5. Gmr2048

    Gmr2048 Guest

    Depending on where "right by DC" is, you may check out Wakefield and Accotink parks in Virginia
    (adjoining parks right off of Braddock road, a couple of exits from the Rt 95 south split). The
    terrain is well suited for beginner/intermediate riders. MORE (www.more-mtb.org) hold their Thrusday
    night weekly rides there. A group I ride with tends to be there every Monday and Wednesday (and
    occasionally Tuesday).

    -gary

    On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:21:44 -0500, Matthew Fowle <[email protected]> wrote:

    >live right by dc.
    >
    >and havent been mountain biking in far too long.
    >
    >does anyone have suggestions? where should i start looking.
    >
    >thanks Matt

  6. Chris

    Chris Guest

    I can tell you of some cool spots to ride in MD, e-mail me...I live just outside of Annapolis. Be
    careful in Patapsco, if you are just getting back
    in. It WILL kill you! :)

    Chris

    "Matthew Fowle" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > live right by dc.
    >
    > and havent been mountain biking in far too long.
    >
    > does anyone have suggestions? where should i start looking.
    >
    > thanks Matt

  7. Martees

    Martees Guest

    "Matthew Fowle" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > live right by dc.
    >
    > and havent been mountain biking in far too long.
    >
    > does anyone have suggestions? where should i start looking.
    >
    > thanks Matt

    Matt,

    There are tons of places to ride between dc and Frederick and up to the PA line. Some are known
    and most are unpublished but open. I'm not as familiar with the areas nearer to VA as I live near
    Westminster.

    Email me and I can let you know some of the secrets ;)

    Marty

  8. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:52:28 GMT, "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Matthew Fowle" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> live right by dc.
    >>
    >> and havent been mountain biking in far too long.
    >>
    >> does anyone have suggestions? where should i start looking.
    >

    >Look around Patapsco State Park... that's the most popular biking place I know of in Maryland.

    Shhhh! Patapsco sucks, it's for Barney's and Losers don't go there.

    Bill

    :-]

  9. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:30:08 GMT, "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I can tell you of some cool spots to ride in MD, e-mail me...I live just outside of Annapolis. Be
    >careful in Patapsco, if you are just getting back
    >in.

    >It WILL kill you! :)

    Hopefully, then I'll have it all to myself.

    Bill(Not dead yet)Wheeler

    :-]

  10. Chris

    Chris Guest

    My job allows me the amazing privelege of about 10 days of work a month...usually in a row, which
    means almost three straight weeks off. Every month. That means I go riding M-F, when most people are
    at work. All season, I saw 7 other riders in Patapsco, and only one at my favorite spot. But that
    one's a secret.

    Okay, it's in Laurel. If anyone wants directions, beta, or wants to go riding, let me know. I can't
    keep a secret.

    Chris

    "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]t> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:30:08 GMT, "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I can tell you of some cool spots to ride in MD, e-mail me...I live just outside of Annapolis. Be
    > >careful in Patapsco, if you are just getting
    back
    > >in.
    >
    > >It WILL kill you! :)
    >
    > Hopefully, then I'll have it all to myself.
    >
    > Bill(Not dead yet)Wheeler
    >

    > The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
    > give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    > :-]

  11. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > >Look around Patapsco State Park... that's the most popular biking place I know of in Maryland.
    >
    > Shhhh! Patapsco sucks, it's for Barney's and Losers don't go there.

    Hahaha, I didn't know trails at Patapsco were supposed to be some big secret... Penny at Light St.
    Cycles always raves about them to her customers.

    -John Morgan
    --
    To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

  12. Chris

    Chris Guest

    They're not supposed to be secret, we just sometimes wish they were...way too much traffic on
    peak days, and too many riders don't treat the place right...but I guess that's true of all the
    good spots.

    Chris

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > > >Look around Patapsco State Park... that's the most popular biking place
    > > >know of in Maryland.
    > >
    > > Shhhh! Patapsco sucks, it's for Barney's and Losers don't go there.
    >
    > Hahaha, I didn't know trails at Patapsco were supposed to be some big secret... Penny at Light St.
    > Cycles always raves about them to her customers.
    >
    > -John Morgan
    > --
    > To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

  13. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sat, 14 Dec 2002 05:02:01 GMT, "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >They're not supposed to be secret, we just sometimes wish they were...way too much traffic on
    >peak days, and too many riders don't treat the place right...but I guess that's true of all the
    >good spots.
    >
    >Chris

    True, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
    :-]