maryland area mountain biking?

Matthew Fowle

Guest
live right by dc.

and havent been mountain biking in far too long.

does anyone have suggestions? where should i start looking.

thanks Matt

"Matthew Fowle" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> live right by dc.
>
> and havent been mountain biking in far too long.
>
> does anyone have suggestions? where should i start looking.
>
> thanks Matt

Check these folks out http://www.more-mtb.org/ Midatlantic Off Road Enthusiasts. The have
directions to trails in your area and regularly scheduled group rides. Really good bunch, those I
have met anyway.

Mike - Richmond, VA.

"Matthew Fowle" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> live right by dc.
>
> and havent been mountain biking in far too long.
>
> does anyone have suggestions? where should i start looking.

Look around Patapsco State Park... that's the most popular biking place I know of in Maryland.

-John Morgan
--
To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

Depending on where "right by DC" is, you may check out Wakefield and Accotink parks in Virginia
(adjoining parks right off of Braddock road, a couple of exits from the Rt 95 south split). The
terrain is well suited for beginner/intermediate riders. MORE (www.more-mtb.org) hold their Thrusday
night weekly rides there. A group I ride with tends to be there every Monday and Wednesday (and
occasionally Tuesday).

-gary

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:21:44 -0500, Matthew Fowle <[email protected]> wrote:

>live right by dc.
>
>and havent been mountain biking in far too long.
>
>does anyone have suggestions? where should i start looking.
>
>thanks Matt

I can tell you of some cool spots to ride in MD, e-mail me...I live just outside of Annapolis. Be
careful in Patapsco, if you are just getting back
in. It WILL kill you! :)

Chris

"Matthew Fowle" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> live right by dc.
>
> and havent been mountain biking in far too long.
>
> does anyone have suggestions? where should i start looking.
>
> thanks Matt

"Matthew Fowle" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> live right by dc.
>
> and havent been mountain biking in far too long.
>
> does anyone have suggestions? where should i start looking.
>
> thanks Matt

Matt,

There are tons of places to ride between dc and Frederick and up to the PA line. Some are known
and most are unpublished but open. I'm not as familiar with the areas nearer to VA as I live near
Westminster.

Email me and I can let you know some of the secrets ;)

Marty

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:52:28 GMT, "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Matthew Fowle" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> live right by dc.
>>
>> and havent been mountain biking in far too long.
>>
>> does anyone have suggestions? where should i start looking.
>

>Look around Patapsco State Park... that's the most popular biking place I know of in Maryland.

Shhhh! Patapsco sucks, it's for Barney's and Losers don't go there.

Bill

:-]

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:30:08 GMT, "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I can tell you of some cool spots to ride in MD, e-mail me...I live just outside of Annapolis. Be
>careful in Patapsco, if you are just getting back
>in.

>It WILL kill you! :)

Hopefully, then I'll have it all to myself.

Bill(Not dead yet)Wheeler

:-]

My job allows me the amazing privelege of about 10 days of work a month...usually in a row, which
means almost three straight weeks off. Every month. That means I go riding M-F, when most people are
at work. All season, I saw 7 other riders in Patapsco, and only one at my favorite spot. But that
one's a secret.

Okay, it's in Laurel. If anyone wants directions, beta, or wants to go riding, let me know. I can't
keep a secret.

Chris

> On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:30:08 GMT, "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I can tell you of some cool spots to ride in MD, e-mail me...I live just outside of Annapolis. Be
> >careful in Patapsco, if you are just getting
back
> >in.
>
> >It WILL kill you! :)
>
> Hopefully, then I'll have it all to myself.
>
> Bill(Not dead yet)Wheeler
>

> The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
> give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> :-]

> >Look around Patapsco State Park... that's the most popular biking place I know of in Maryland.
>
> Shhhh! Patapsco sucks, it's for Barney's and Losers don't go there.

Hahaha, I didn't know trails at Patapsco were supposed to be some big secret... Penny at Light St.
Cycles always raves about them to her customers.

-John Morgan
--
To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

They're not supposed to be secret, we just sometimes wish they were...way too much traffic on
peak days, and too many riders don't treat the place right...but I guess that's true of all the
good spots.

Chris

news:p[email protected]...

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002 05:02:01 GMT, "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote:

>They're not supposed to be secret, we just sometimes wish they were...way too much traffic on
>peak days, and too many riders don't treat the place right...but I guess that's true of all the
>good spots.
>
>Chris

True, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
:-]