Maryland Proposes Increased Tax on Fat-Ass SUV's

GaryG

Guest
http://www.wtopnews.com/?sid=421586&nid=25

"Driving a super-sized sport utility vehicle on Maryland roads could cost
$750 more a year, under a bill being considered by Maryland lawmakers.
Delegate Bill Bronrott, a Montgomery County Democrat who also is bringing
bills this year to keep young drivers from using handheld cell phones, is
pushing legislation to require owners of SUVs that weigh more than 6,000
pounds to pay an annual $750 surcharge on their registration renewal fee.

"This bill is not about pickup trucks, vans or your standard SUV," Bronrott
told fellow members of the House Environmental Matters Committee at a
hearing Tuesday. "It's about the largest, heaviest passenger vehicles that
are the least fuel efficient and the most toxic to our air, land and water."

Maryland's bill doesn't include a tax hike but would impose the higher
registration renewal fee on owners of SUVs that include the Hummer H2,
Cadillac Escalade ESV, Lincoln Navigator and the GMC Yukon XL.

"They pose a highway safety hazard, and they disproportionately beat up our
roads and bridges," said Bronrott, who acknowledged that the bill as written
may not survive in the legislature. But, he said, the legislation "at a
minimum would raise questions about the true utility of these extra-large,
trophy SUVs." "

GG

What about Super Fat-Ass Hummer? Here in rich upper white and jewish
block is where the super Fat-Ass driver came from.

GaryG wrote:
> http://www.wtopnews.com/?sid=421586&nid=25
>
> "Driving a super-sized sport utility vehicle on Maryland roads could

cost
> $750 more a year, under a bill being considered by Maryland

lawmakers.
> Delegate Bill Bronrott, a Montgomery County Democrat who also is

bringing
> bills this year to keep young drivers from using handheld cell

phones, is
> pushing legislation to require owners of SUVs that weigh more than

6,000
> pounds to pay an annual $750 surcharge on their registration renewal

fee.

> "This bill is not about pickup trucks, vans or your standard SUV,"

Bronrott
> told fellow members of the House Environmental Matters Committee at a
> hearing Tuesday. "It's about the largest, heaviest passenger vehicles

that
> are the least fuel efficient and the most toxic to our air, land and

water."

> Maryland's bill doesn't include a tax hike but would impose the

higher
> registration renewal fee on owners of SUVs that include the Hummer

H2,
> Cadillac Escalade ESV, Lincoln Navigator and the GMC Yukon XL.
>
> "They pose a highway safety hazard, and they disproportionately beat

up our
> roads and bridges," said Bronrott, who acknowledged that the bill as

written
> may not survive in the legislature. But, he said, the legislation "at

> minimum would raise questions about the true utility of these

extra-large,
> trophy SUVs." "
>
> GG

How about a tax on fat-ass people too. I'm tired of my health insurance costs increasing just because others can't control their weight.

[email protected] top-posted:

> What about Super Fat-Ass Hummer? Here in rich upper white and jewish
> block is where the super Fat-Ass driver came from.

But...but...Jews don't watch NASCAR, so that /blows/ (sorry) your White
Penis Super Fat-Ass theory right out of the water. (There was also a Hummer
joke available, but good taste prevailed. For once.)

Glad not live on Red Cloud block,

Bill S.
--
"Sorry the world just does not work by your white penis ass."
-- Pungent Cloud

I wouldn't have a problem with a tax on passenger vehicles which do not meet
a mandated fuel mileage standard. It would encourage people to use more fuel
efficient vehicles. It would also encourage the manufacturers to produce
vehicles which meet that standard, but also fill the needs of today. I'm
sure there's a way to produce an SUV which gets good gas mileage AND can
carry a load. Diesels are getting excellent mileage, delivering good
performance, and have greatly reduced emissions now. Would we see more
hybrids? More V8 engines which only use all 8 when needed? It really irks me
that we have so much oil-funded tyranny around the globe, but we continue to
crave oil like junkies. I know small cars are safer than SUVs, because Saab
and Volvo cars regularly top the safe cars list. I would drive one if I
didn't have a bicycle addiction.

Mike
(saving up for a Waterford.....)

S o r n i wrote:
> [email protected] top-posted:
>
> > What about Super Fat-Ass Hummer? Here in rich upper white and

jewish
> > block is where the super Fat-Ass driver came from.

> But...but...Jews don't watch NASCAR, so that /blows/ (sorry) your

White
> Penis Super Fat-Ass theory right out of the water. (There was also a

Hummer
> joke available, but good taste prevailed. For once.)
>
> Glad not live on Red Cloud block,
>
> Bill S.
> --
> "Sorry the world just does not work by your white penis ass."
> -- Pungent Cloud

What other theory suggest about the NASCAR and SUV mentality?
White penis power is a backbond of American culture which found the
racism. It explains why these folks are the most violent folk on
earth.
Jews don't participate NASCAR but they just own it.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> S o r n i wrote:
> > [email protected] top-posted:
> >
> > > What about Super Fat-Ass Hummer? Here in rich upper white and

> jewish
> > > block is where the super Fat-Ass driver came from.

> > But...but...Jews don't watch NASCAR, so that /blows/ (sorry) your

> White
> > Penis Super Fat-Ass theory right out of the water. (There was also a

> Hummer
> > joke available, but good taste prevailed. For once.)
> >
> > Glad not live on Red Cloud block,
> >
> > Bill S.
> > --
> > "Sorry the world just does not work by your white penis ass."
> > -- Pungent Cloud

> What other theory suggest about the NASCAR and SUV mentality?
> White penis power is a backbond of American culture which found the
> racism. It explains why these folks are the most violent folk on
> earth.
> Jews don't participate NASCAR but they just own it.

I don't think so. The owners of NASCAR are good ol' boys. I would think a
black person is much safer at the Daytona 500 than at a 50 Cent concert,
too, so there goes your other theory.