Maryland !

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Albrugi, Jun 1, 2003.

  1. Albrugi

    Albrugi Guest

    Anyone ride in Maryland ?

    Tags:

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

  3. Martees

    Martees Guest

  4. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    And Marytakeoffagain!

    Shaun aRe - I know, but sometimes I just can't not do it...........

  5. Albrugi

    Albrugi Guest

    After the rain stops , i was looking for nice places to go in Maryland . Thinking of doing the Cand
    O canol start to finish in 2 weeks ... Any other good ideas ? Bruce

  6. Martees

    Martees Guest

    > And Marytakeoffagain!
    >

    > Shaun aRe - I know, but sometimes I just can't not do it...........

    You know you're sick right?

  7. Albrugi

    Albrugi Guest

    After the rain stops , was looking for some nice places to ride . Thinking of doing the C and O
    canal in 2 weeks . Any other ideas ? Bruce

  8. Martees

    Martees Guest

    "albrugi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > After the rain stops , i was looking for nice places to go in Maryland . Thinking of doing the
    > Cand O canol start to finish in 2 weeks ... Any
    other
    > good ideas ? Bruce

    \

    The C&O is nice but I don't think it will take the entire two weeks to
    do......

    Sorry couldn't help it.

    There are lots of good places to ride depending on your skill level.

    Avalon, Gambrills, Rocky Gap, Liberty, and several other "official" locs but many other unofficial
    places that are part of parks but not maintained.

    Do some searches on the web and let me know if you have any other questions. Me or Bill Wheeler (and
    Chris I guess!) are regulars on here and can help.

    Marty

  9. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 10:36:44 -0700, "albrugi" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Anyone ride in Maryland ?

    Yes, Bill

    :-]

  10. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    >Avalon, Gambrills, Rocky Gap, Liberty, and several other "official" locs but many other unofficial
    >places that are part of parks but not maintained.

    How is Liberty? I guess you mean the Liberty Watershed off of Church Road? I pass by there on my way
    to work. I didn't think they allowed biking back there.

    >Do some searches on the web and let me know if you have any other questions. Me or Bill Wheeler

    Peace to that

    >(and Chris I guess!) are regulars on here and can help.
    >
    >Marty

    Bill

    :-]

  11. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "albrugi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > After the rain stops , i was looking for nice places to go in Maryland . Thinking of doing the
    > Cand O canol start to finish in 2 weeks ... Any
    other
    > good ideas ? Bruce

    The C&O Canal is pretty laid back; if you want a little more adventurous riding, all the places
    Martees listed are great. If you're into the C&O Canal though, you might be in a bit over your head
    in some parts. If you want to get some "real" mountain biking in, but don't want to risk too much
    bodily harm, I know a fun place in Laurel that's great for beginners - simple climbs, never too
    technical, but fun stream crossings, rock gardens, nice trails, and little traffic. Just lemme know.

    Chris

  12. Martees

    Martees Guest

    news:eek:[email protected]...

    > >Avalon, Gambrills, Rocky Gap, Liberty, and several other "official" locs
    but
    > >many other unofficial places that are part of parks but not maintained.
    >
    > How is Liberty? I guess you mean the Liberty Watershed off of Church Road? I pass by there on my
    > way to work. I didn't think they allowed biking back there.

    Bill,

    Actually, what I had in mind when I sent that was the part of Liberty off of Rt 32. You head back
    in there and you run into single track off the fire roads. Nothing like Patapsco but a nice
    change. It's also a nice place to ride in the winter if you don't want to cross water. It's not an
    officially listed mtb trail but it is maintained by some bikers and horseback riders.

    Marty

  13. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:11:43 -0400, "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:eek:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> >Avalon, Gambrills, Rocky Gap, Liberty, and several other "official" locs
    >but
    >> >many other unofficial places that are part of parks but not maintained.
    >>
    >> How is Liberty? I guess you mean the Liberty Watershed off of Church Road? I pass by there on my
    >> way to work. I didn't think they allowed biking back there.
    >>

    >Bill,
    >
    > Actually, what I had in mind when I sent that was the part of Liberty off of Rt 32. You head back
    > in there and you run into single track off the fire roads. Nothing like Patapsco but a nice
    > change. It's also a nice place to ride in the winter if you don't want to cross water. It's not
    > an officially listed mtb trail but it is maintained by some bikers and horseback riders.
    >
    >Marty

    Thanks The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
    :-]

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  15. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:eek:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > >Avalon, Gambrills, Rocky Gap, Liberty, and several other "official"
    locs
    > but
    > > >many other unofficial places that are part of parks but not maintained.
    > >
    > > How is Liberty? I guess you mean the Liberty Watershed off of Church Road? I pass by there on my
    > > way to work. I didn't think they allowed biking back there.
    > >

    > Bill,
    >
    > Actually, what I had in mind when I sent that was the part of Liberty
    off
    > of Rt 32. You head back in there and you run into single track off the
    fire
    > roads. Nothing like Patapsco but a nice change. It's also a nice place to ride in the winter if
    > you don't want to cross water. It's not an
    officially
    > listed mtb trail but it is maintained by some bikers and horseback riders.
    >
    > Marty

    This sounds like another area I've yet to discover, and 32 is not too far from where I am. Could I
    get some directions regarding how to get there? I'd be hitting 32 off of 97.

    Chris

  16. Martees

    Martees Guest

    > "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:eek:[email protected]...

    > locs
    > > but
    > > >
    > > > How is Liberty? I guess you mean the Liberty Watershed off of Church Road? I pass by there on
    > > > my way to work. I didn't think they allowed biking back there.
    > > >

    > > Bill,
    > >
    > > Actually, what I had in mind when I sent that was the part of Liberty
    > off
    > > of Rt 32. You head back in there and you run into single track off the
    > fire
    > > roads. Nothing like Patapsco but a nice change. It's also a nice place
    > > ride in the winter if you don't want to cross water. It's not an
    > officially
    > > listed mtb trail but it is maintained by some bikers and horseback
    riders.

    > > Marty
    >
    > This sounds like another area I've yet to discover, and 32 is not too far from where I am. Could I
    > get some directions regarding how to get there? I'd be hitting 32 off of 97.
    >
    > Chris

    From rt97 get on rt 32 south. If you cross over Liberty you went too far. The parking area is on the
    left (coming south) just before the reservoir. The fire roads are nice but can be muddy. Horse
    trails and mtb trails branch off and usually loop back to the fire road.

    There's a rock on the left of the entrance...... leave $10. It's my beer fee for info.

    Marty