Maryland !



Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
And Marytakeoffagain!


Shaun aRe - I know, but sometimes I just can't not do it...........
 
A

Albrugi

Guest
After the rain stops , i was looking for nice places to go in Maryland . Thinking of doing the Cand
O canol start to finish in 2 weeks ... Any other good ideas ? Bruce
 
A

Albrugi

Guest
After the rain stops , was looking for some nice places to ride . Thinking of doing the C and O
canal in 2 weeks . Any other ideas ? Bruce
 
M

Martees

Guest
"albrugi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> After the rain stops , i was looking for nice places to go in Maryland . Thinking of doing the
> Cand O canol start to finish in 2 weeks ... Any
other
> good ideas ? Bruce
>
>
\

The C&O is nice but I don't think it will take the entire two weeks to
do......

Sorry couldn't help it.

There are lots of good places to ride depending on your skill level.

Avalon, Gambrills, Rocky Gap, Liberty, and several other "official" locs but many other unofficial
places that are part of parks but not maintained.

Do some searches on the web and let me know if you have any other questions. Me or Bill Wheeler (and
Chris I guess!) are regulars on here and can help.

Marty
 
B

Bill Wheeler

Guest
On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 10:36:44 -0700, "albrugi" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Anyone ride in Maryland ?
>

Yes, Bill

The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]
 
B

Bill Wheeler

Guest
>Avalon, Gambrills, Rocky Gap, Liberty, and several other "official" locs but many other unofficial
>places that are part of parks but not maintained.

How is Liberty? I guess you mean the Liberty Watershed off of Church Road? I pass by there on my way
to work. I didn't think they allowed biking back there.

>
>Do some searches on the web and let me know if you have any other questions. Me or Bill Wheeler

Peace to that

>(and Chris I guess!) are regulars on here and can help.
>
>Marty
>

Bill

The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]
 
C

Chris

Guest
"albrugi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> After the rain stops , i was looking for nice places to go in Maryland . Thinking of doing the
> Cand O canol start to finish in 2 weeks ... Any
other
> good ideas ? Bruce
>

The C&O Canal is pretty laid back; if you want a little more adventurous riding, all the places
Martees listed are great. If you're into the C&O Canal though, you might be in a bit over your head
in some parts. If you want to get some "real" mountain biking in, but don't want to risk too much
bodily harm, I know a fun place in Laurel that's great for beginners - simple climbs, never too
technical, but fun stream crossings, rock gardens, nice trails, and little traffic. Just lemme know.

Chris
 
M

Martees

Guest
"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
>
> >Avalon, Gambrills, Rocky Gap, Liberty, and several other "official" locs
but
> >many other unofficial places that are part of parks but not maintained.
>
> How is Liberty? I guess you mean the Liberty Watershed off of Church Road? I pass by there on my
> way to work. I didn't think they allowed biking back there.
>

Bill,

Actually, what I had in mind when I sent that was the part of Liberty off of Rt 32. You head back
in there and you run into single track off the fire roads. Nothing like Patapsco but a nice
change. It's also a nice place to ride in the winter if you don't want to cross water. It's not an
officially listed mtb trail but it is maintained by some bikers and horseback riders.

Marty
 
B

Bill Wheeler

Guest
On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:11:43 -0400, "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:eek:[email protected]...
>>
>> >Avalon, Gambrills, Rocky Gap, Liberty, and several other "official" locs
>but
>> >many other unofficial places that are part of parks but not maintained.
>>
>> How is Liberty? I guess you mean the Liberty Watershed off of Church Road? I pass by there on my
>> way to work. I didn't think they allowed biking back there.
>>
>
>
>Bill,
>
> Actually, what I had in mind when I sent that was the part of Liberty off of Rt 32. You head back
> in there and you run into single track off the fire roads. Nothing like Patapsco but a nice
> change. It's also a nice place to ride in the winter if you don't want to cross water. It's not
> an officially listed mtb trail but it is maintained by some bikers and horseback riders.
>
>Marty

Thanks The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]
 
C

Chris

Guest
"Martees" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
> >
> > >Avalon, Gambrills, Rocky Gap, Liberty, and several other "official"
locs
> but
> > >many other unofficial places that are part of parks but not maintained.
> >
> > How is Liberty? I guess you mean the Liberty Watershed off of Church Road? I pass by there on my
> > way to work. I didn't think they allowed biking back there.
> >
>
>
> Bill,
>
> Actually, what I had in mind when I sent that was the part of Liberty
off
> of Rt 32. You head back in there and you run into single track off the
fire
> roads. Nothing like Patapsco but a nice change. It's also a nice place to ride in the winter if
> you don't want to cross water. It's not an
officially
> listed mtb trail but it is maintained by some bikers and horseback riders.
>
> Marty

This sounds like another area I've yet to discover, and 32 is not too far from where I am. Could I
get some directions regarding how to get there? I'd be hitting 32 off of 97.

Chris
 
M

Martees

Guest
"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:eek:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > >Avalon, Gambrills, Rocky Gap, Liberty, and several other "official"
> locs
> > but
> > > >many other unofficial places that are part of parks but not
maintained.
> > >
> > > How is Liberty? I guess you mean the Liberty Watershed off of Church Road? I pass by there on
> > > my way to work. I didn't think they allowed biking back there.
> > >
> >
> >
> > Bill,
> >
> > Actually, what I had in mind when I sent that was the part of Liberty
> off
> > of Rt 32. You head back in there and you run into single track off the
> fire
> > roads. Nothing like Patapsco but a nice change. It's also a nice place
to
> > ride in the winter if you don't want to cross water. It's not an
> officially
> > listed mtb trail but it is maintained by some bikers and horseback
riders.
> >
> > Marty
>
> This sounds like another area I've yet to discover, and 32 is not too far from where I am. Could I
> get some directions regarding how to get there? I'd be hitting 32 off of 97.
>
> Chris
>
>

From rt97 get on rt 32 south. If you cross over Liberty you went too far. The parking area is on the
left (coming south) just before the reservoir. The fire roads are nice but can be muddy. Horse
trails and mtb trails branch off and usually loop back to the fire road.

There's a rock on the left of the entrance...... leave $10. It's my beer fee for info.

Marty
 
Status
Not open for further replies.