Marzocchi 2003 Z1FR QR20 or RockShox BOXXER 2003 Race

Tim Burgher

Guest
What do you all think? I am building up a new bike on the Bullit frame for this coming summer.
Should I go with the Marzocchi Z1FR QR20 or the RockShox BOXXER 2003 Race front suspension forks?
The Marzocchi is only a single crown while the boxer is a dual crown.

I plan on doing everything from trail riding to downhill to riding around town doing drops.

I have a Marzocchi fork on my Sugar and love it! It's super sturdy and very smooth.

What do you all think I should go for on my new bike?

Thanks, Tim

Tim Burgher wrote:
> What do you all think? I am building up a new bike on the Bullit frame for this coming summer.
> Should I go with the Marzocchi Z1FR QR20 or the RockShox BOXXER 2003 Race front suspension forks?
> The Marzocchi is only a single crown while the boxer is a dual crown.
>
> I plan on doing everything from trail riding to downhill to riding around town doing drops.
>
> I have a Marzocchi fork on my Sugar and love it! It's super sturdy and very smooth.
>
> What do you all think I should go for on my new bike?
>
> Thanks, Tim

Sounds like a Marzocchi Shiver DC might suit you, but the price might be a bit restrictive.

Jon "CommandeR" Bond

"Tim Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What do you all think? I am building up a new bike on the Bullit frame for this coming summer.
> Should I go with the Marzocchi Z1FR QR20 or the RockShox BOXXER 2003 Race front suspension forks?
> The Marzocchi is only a single crown while the boxer is a dual crown.
>
> I plan on doing everything from trail riding to downhill to riding around town doing drops.
>
> I have a Marzocchi fork on my Sugar and love it! It's super sturdy and very smooth.
>
> What do you all think I should go for on my new bike?
>
> Thanks, Tim

http://cambriabike.com/forks&shock/marzocchi_junior_t_fork_2003.htm

Get that Boxxer and you'll be very sorry. It aint worth it at any cost.
--
Slacker

I have looked at the Shiver.

The reason I am asking is because Santa Cruz is offering a package deal with the BOXXER but I really
like the Marzocchi stuff so far.

I don't think I quite need the BOXXER yet but am wondering what other people think. I might upgrade
later or something.

Do you have anything to say about the Shiver?

Tim

Why is that? Please explain. Just cause they have a good picture of a Junior T?

Tim

In article <[email protected]>, Slacker wrote:
> "Tim Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> What do you all think? I am building up a new bike on the Bullit frame for this coming summer.
>> Should I go with the Marzocchi Z1FR QR20 or the RockShox BOXXER 2003 Race front suspension forks?
>> The Marzocchi is only a single crown while the boxer is a dual crown.
>>
>> I plan on doing everything from trail riding to downhill to riding around town doing drops.

There's a reason why Marzocchi owns the North Shore (or did, before Manitou started making forks
that can compete), and it's because they're durable. They're strong, smooth, and they can take a
beating, even if it IS a single crown fork. Besides, you're compromising turning radius on your bike
with a dual crown fork, and it's not going to be that hot to begin with.

> http://cambriabike.com/forks&shock/marzocchi_junior_t_fork_2003.htm
>
> Get that Boxxer and you'll be very sorry. It aint worth it at any cost.

I agree. Go with the Bomber. You'll thank yourself in a couple years when you're still doing 6 foot
drops and the fork is still there with you.

JS

--
========================= [email protected] ========================
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code

"Tim Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Why is that? Please explain. Just cause they have a good picture of a Junior T?
>
> Tim

1. Because they're a POS, just like the rest of their ****.

2. The seals are known to blow....often.

3. RS Corp policy of planned obsolescence every 2 years.

4. There's a reason 2 other companies are about the launch their own line internals for that
POS Boxxer.

5. It's strictly a race fork (lightweight) and will not hold up to any long term abuse.

Other than that, they're great forks! Can't believe Bomba endorsed those things....First Wheelie_boy
and now Bomba <heavy sigh>

--
Slacker ** SS(s) are bad for your health.....remember Bill Wheeler

Jan Sacharuk wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Slacker wrote:
>
>>"Tim Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>What do you all think? I am building up a new bike on the Bullit frame for this coming summer.
>>>Should I go with the Marzocchi Z1FR QR20 or the RockShox BOXXER 2003 Race front suspension forks?
>>>The Marzocchi is only a single crown while the boxer is a dual crown.
>>>
>>>I plan on doing everything from trail riding to downhill to riding around town doing drops.
>>

> There's a reason why Marzocchi owns the North Shore (or did, before Manitou started making forks
> that can compete), and it's because they're durable. They're strong, smooth, and they can take a
> beating, even if it IS a single crown fork. Besides, you're compromising turning radius on your
> bike with a dual crown fork, and it's not going to be that hot to begin with.
>
>snip<

If my wheel is turned far enough that dual crown fork would hit my toptube/downtube, I'd be turning
the opposite way from where I'm steering because the wheel would be facing backwards a bit....

You will lose handling because of the increased height though.

Jon "Commander" Bond

> Slacker wrote:
> > "Tim Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Why is that? Please explain. Just cause they have a good picture of a Junior T?
> >
> > 1. Because they're a POS, just like the rest of their ****.
>
> Yawn. Opinion.
>
> > 2. The seals are known to blow....often.
>
> The models two years ago did.
>
> > 3. RS Corp policy of planned obsolescence every 2 years.
>
> And the Boxxer has changed how much in the last 3 years?

Umm, if they were blowing up 2 years ago and they haven't changed in 3 years...how about doing that
math again and getting back to us.

--