marzocchi mx comp eta travel increase?

Elias Dimopoulo

Guest
I have a Kona Kikapu mountain bike with Marzocchi bomber mx comp eta shock fitted with 80mm (3.25
inches approx) of travel. Can i increase the travel of this shock to around 100mm (4 inches approx).
I beleive the shock may be fitted with a travel reduction kit. Already posted this question to
Marzocchi with no response Please help!

Elias Dimopoulos <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a Kona Kikapu mountain bike with Marzocchi bomber mx comp eta shock fitted with 80mm (3.25
> inches approx) of travel. Can i increase the travel of this shock to around 100mm (4 inches
> approx). I beleive the shock may
be
> fitted with a travel reduction kit. Already posted this question to Marzocchi with no response
> Please help!

The guys in this group will all advise you to buy Marzocchi but cant really help with many tech
inquiries. I beliveve that you need to buy a new spring for the fork which may not yet be availabe
but expect to pay $50 US around.

David Bailey wrote:
> Elias Dimopoulos <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>I have a Kona Kikapu mountain bike with Marzocchi bomber mx comp eta shock fitted with 80mm (3.25
>>inches approx) of travel. Can i increase the travel of this shock to around 100mm (4 inches
>>approx). I beleive the shock may
>
> be
>
>>fitted with a travel reduction kit. Already posted this question to Marzocchi with no response
>>Please help!
>>

> The guys in this group will all advise you to buy Marzocchi but cant really help with many tech
> inquiries. I beliveve that you need to buy a new spring for the fork which may not yet be availabe
> but expect to pay $50 US around.

Only because we're still riding our older marzocchi forks and have no need of major maintenance,
maybe just some new oil ;)

I couldn't find any info on the M site, but my guess is it'll be springs and maybe flipping some
spacers around... try emailing both www.marzocchi.com and www.marzocchimtb.com for better info.

Jon Bond so there!

"David Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Elias Dimopoulos <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I have a Kona Kikapu mountain bike with Marzocchi bomber mx comp eta
shock
> > fitted with 80mm (3.25 inches approx) of travel. Can i increase the
travel
> > of this shock to around 100mm (4 inches approx). I beleive the shock may
> be
> > fitted with a travel reduction kit. Already posted this question to Marzocchi with no response
> > Please help!
> >
> The guys in this group will all advise you to buy Marzocchi but cant
really
> help with many tech inquiries. I beliveve that you need to buy a new
spring
> for the fork which may not yet be availabe but expect to pay $50 US
around.

Well excuuuuse us for not buying every new fork to come out. If you have a question about a '98 Z1
Bam, '01 X-Fly 100, '01 Monster T, '02 Shiver DC or a '02 Marathon 100 I can answer it. To the OP
Marzocchi, IME, will answer the email. It might take a few days but you should get a reply. If not
give them a call. 1.661.257.6630

Mike - trying to keep up.

> > I have a Kona Kikapu mountain bike with Marzocchi bomber mx comp eta shock fitted with 80mm
> > (3.25 inches approx) of travel. Can i increase the travel of this shock to around 100mm (4
> > inches approx). I beleive the shock may
> be
> > fitted with a travel reduction kit. Already posted this question to Marzocchi with no response
> > Please help!

Since it comes in 105mm I would say you can get it to that much travel. You will need new
compression and rebound springs.
--