marzocchi mx comp eta travel increase?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Elias Dimopoulo, Feb 6, 2003.

  1. I have a Kona Kikapu mountain bike with Marzocchi bomber mx comp eta shock fitted with 80mm (3.25
    inches approx) of travel. Can i increase the travel of this shock to around 100mm (4 inches approx).
    I beleive the shock may be fitted with a travel reduction kit. Already posted this question to
    Marzocchi with no response Please help!

    Tags:

  2. David Bailey

    David Bailey Guest

    Elias Dimopoulos <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a Kona Kikapu mountain bike with Marzocchi bomber mx comp eta shock fitted with 80mm (3.25
    > inches approx) of travel. Can i increase the travel of this shock to around 100mm (4 inches
    > approx). I beleive the shock may
    be
    > fitted with a travel reduction kit. Already posted this question to Marzocchi with no response
    > Please help!

    The guys in this group will all advise you to buy Marzocchi but cant really help with many tech
    inquiries. I beliveve that you need to buy a new spring for the fork which may not yet be availabe
    but expect to pay $50 US around.

  3. David Bailey wrote:
    > Elias Dimopoulos <[email protected].au> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>I have a Kona Kikapu mountain bike with Marzocchi bomber mx comp eta shock fitted with 80mm (3.25
    >>inches approx) of travel. Can i increase the travel of this shock to around 100mm (4 inches
    >>approx). I beleive the shock may
    >
    > be
    >
    >>fitted with a travel reduction kit. Already posted this question to Marzocchi with no response
    >>Please help!
    >>

    > The guys in this group will all advise you to buy Marzocchi but cant really help with many tech
    > inquiries. I beliveve that you need to buy a new spring for the fork which may not yet be availabe
    > but expect to pay $50 US around.

    Only because we're still riding our older marzocchi forks and have no need of major maintenance,
    maybe just some new oil ;)

    I couldn't find any info on the M site, but my guess is it'll be springs and maybe flipping some
    spacers around... try emailing both www.marzocchi.com and www.marzocchimtb.com for better info.

    Jon Bond so there!

  4. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "David Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Elias Dimopoulos <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I have a Kona Kikapu mountain bike with Marzocchi bomber mx comp eta
    shock
    > > fitted with 80mm (3.25 inches approx) of travel. Can i increase the
    travel
    > > of this shock to around 100mm (4 inches approx). I beleive the shock may
    > be
    > > fitted with a travel reduction kit. Already posted this question to Marzocchi with no response
    > > Please help!
    > >
    > The guys in this group will all advise you to buy Marzocchi but cant
    really
    > help with many tech inquiries. I beliveve that you need to buy a new
    spring
    > for the fork which may not yet be availabe but expect to pay $50 US
    around.

    Well excuuuuse us for not buying every new fork to come out. If you have a question about a '98 Z1
    Bam, '01 X-Fly 100, '01 Monster T, '02 Shiver DC or a '02 Marathon 100 I can answer it. To the OP
    Marzocchi, IME, will answer the email. It might take a few days but you should get a reply. If not
    give them a call. 1.661.257.6630

    Mike - trying to keep up.

  5. > > I have a Kona Kikapu mountain bike with Marzocchi bomber mx comp eta shock fitted with 80mm
    > > (3.25 inches approx) of travel. Can i increase the travel of this shock to around 100mm (4
    > > inches approx). I beleive the shock may
    > be
    > > fitted with a travel reduction kit. Already posted this question to Marzocchi with no response
    > > Please help!

    Since it comes in 105mm I would say you can get it to that much travel. You will need new
    compression and rebound springs.
    --