Marzocchi ROCKS!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by B A R R Y B U R, Jan 25, 2003.

  1. Last month I sent a 2001 Bomber to Marzocchi in California for a steerer tube replacement. No, it
    didn't fail, it was too short for the bike I'm moving to fork to. While it was there, they were
    supposed to also install new springs. After doing a wonderful job on the tube, they forgot to put in
    the springs.

    I called them up at about 2 PM EST and was immediately connected to a really nice human, who
    apologized and stated "he'd get me the springs ASAP". I figured I'd see the springs in a few days,
    as I'm in Connecticut, 3000 miles away.

    The NEXT DAY at 9 AM, the UPS guy handed me the package! They sent it via UPS RED before 10 AM
    service! That's EXPENSIVE! <G>

    Everybody makes mistakes, it's how they correct them when they happen that matters. I'm thanking
    them by installing a brand new Z1 on the new bike I'm currently building.

    Barry

    Tags:

  2. B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:
    > Last month I sent a 2001 Bomber to Marzocchi in California for a steerer tube replacement. No, it
    > didn't fail, it was too short for the bike I'm moving to fork to. While it was there, they were
    > supposed to also install new springs. After doing a wonderful job on the tube, they forgot to put
    > in the springs.
    >
    > I called them up at about 2 PM EST and was immediately connected to a really nice human, who
    > apologized and stated "he'd get me the springs ASAP". I figured I'd see the springs in a few days,
    > as I'm in Connecticut, 3000 miles away.
    >
    > The NEXT DAY at 9 AM, the UPS guy handed me the package! They sent it via UPS RED before 10 AM
    > service! That's EXPENSIVE! <G>
    >
    > Everybody makes mistakes, it's how they correct them when they happen that matters. I'm thanking
    > them by installing a brand new Z1 on the new bike I'm currently building.
    >
    > Barry

    This is why I ride marzocchi. All the people I've talked to at the company while trying to get the
    sponsorship deal going were VERY cool.

    Also, who else would say they'd help "hook you up factory style" with a "dope a$$ ride" on their
    sponsorship letter? Very cool.

    Jon "Commander" Bond not to mention the Pam poster they sent...

  3. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 20:48:58 GMT, "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@
    thank.you> wrote:

    >I called them up at about 2 PM EST and was immediately connected to a really nice human, who
    >apologized and stated "he'd get me the springs ASAP". I figured I'd see the springs in a few days,
    >as I'm in Connecticut, 3000 miles away.
    >
    >The NEXT DAY at 9 AM, the UPS guy handed me the package! They sent it via UPS RED before 10 AM
    >service! That's EXPENSIVE! <G>
    >
    >Everybody makes mistakes, it's how they correct them when they happen that matters. I'm thanking
    >them by installing a brand new Z1 on the new bike I'm currently building.
    >
    >Barry

    Truly great customer service.

    Bill(If you rode rigid it never would have happened)Wheeler

    ;-)

    :-]

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@ thank.you> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Last month I sent a 2001 Bomber to Marzocchi in California for a steerer tube replacement. No, it
    > didn't fail, it was too short for the bike I'm moving to fork to. While it was there, they were
    > supposed to also install new springs. After doing a wonderful job on the tube, they forgot to put
    > in the springs.
    >
    > I called them up at about 2 PM EST and was immediately connected to a really nice human, who
    > apologized and stated "he'd get me the springs ASAP". I figured I'd see the springs in a few days,
    > as I'm in Connecticut, 3000 miles away.
    >
    > The NEXT DAY at 9 AM, the UPS guy handed me the package! They sent it via UPS RED before 10 AM
    > service! That's EXPENSIVE! <G>
    >
    > Everybody makes mistakes, it's how they correct them when they happen that matters. I'm thanking
    > them by installing a brand new Z1 on the new bike I'm currently building.
    >
    > Barry

    Killer...they did a similar thing to me (shipping UPS Red) when I had to get my ECC replaced. Funny
    thing was I only live about 50 miles from the factory, but they shipped it Next Day anyway just to
    make sure I had the fork in my hands for the weekend.

    Badass customer service to match their badass forks!!!
    --
    Slacker