Marzocchi Z1-FR 03, I want to change oil, manuals?

Erling Ringen E

Guest
Hello,

I have a Marzocchi Z1-FR 03 suspension fork on my bike, and
want to change oil. The user manual from marzocchi does not
mention how to do this. Are anyone aware of a more complet
tech manual?

I'm also interested in more information on how this fork
works / general principles on suspension forks.

Thanks,

Erling

--
Erling

In article <[email protected]>,
Erling Ringen Elvsrud <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Marzocchi Z1-FR 03 suspension fork on my bike,
> and want to change oil. The user manual from marzocchi
> does not mention how to do this. Are anyone aware of a
> more complet tech manual?
>
> I'm also interested in more information on how this fork
> works / general principles on suspension forks.

Virtually all Marzocchi's manuals are online, going back as
far as 1994:

http://marzocchi.com/template/listSPAManuals.asp?IDFolder=1-
26&LN=UK&Sito= mtb

The 2003 Z1 FR:

http://marzocchi.com/system/2110/2003Bomber_en.pdf

Note also the tech info and FAQs in the sidebar of
these pages.

For general suspension advice and info,
www.angryasian.com is a good place to start. alt.mountain-
bike is also a good choice.

--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected]
http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/ President, Fabrizio

In article <[email protected]>,
Erling Ringen Elvsrud <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 2004-03-07, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]>
> wrote: [...]
> > The 2003 Z1 FR:
> >
> > http://marzocchi.com/system/2110/2003Bomber_en.pdf
>
> I alredy have that one, but it does not mention anything
> about oil change. I also want more details about the fork,
> does not a more complete manual exist?
>
> Erling

Good question. Well, the oil change is dead simple: pop the
top cap, remove the internals, drain the oil out.

Oil fill level is given on this chart:

http://marzocchi.com/template/detailSPAFAQ.asp?IDFolder=159-
&IDOggetto=724 7&LN=UK&Sito=mtb&mCO=ucmPhhfuuj%602%2FJoufsp-
2%21BTD%2D%21ucmPhhfuuj%2FJou fsp3%21BTD&mCW=%21BOE%21ucmPh-
hfuuj%2FJoufsp2%21%3E%218357&mCJ=%21JOOFS%21 KPJO%21ucmPhhf-
uuj%21BT%21ucmBsfb%21%21PO%21ucmPhhfuuj%2FJoufsp2%21%3E%21u
cmBsfb%2FJEPhhfuup%21%21JOOFS%21KPJO%21ucmPhhfuuj%21ucmPhhf-
uuj%602%21PO%2
1ucmPhhfuuj%2FJoufsp2%21%3E%21ucmPhhfuuj%602%2FJEPhhfuup%21

Oh ****.

http://tinyurl.com/3fohn

As for rebuild instructions, well, Ask your Marz dealer.
Maybe they can get a service manual in. Sadly, the manual
for my '97 is much more detailed, giving complete rebuild
instructions (though it does show a rubber bump stop where
my fork has a small coil spring).