Marzocchi.

Anthony Sloan

Guest
One last chance before I boot them out of the kingdom.

Every Marzocchi fork I have owned has cause me some headache. One headache was self induced, but
vexing nonethe less. (Due to my error, I had to replace the lowers, and the price was downright
usurious, even after they gave me a discount off the wholesale price)

Both Marathons have gone back for a recurring negative air chamber problem. Today I'm sending the
one off the NRS back for a second time. (Side note, it was both vexing and satisfying when the tech
who answered the phone blamed whoever rebuilt the fork last for the problems. "But, it was you guys"
Backpedal, backpedal, backpedal.)

So I'm a bit leery of the fork now.

BUT.

When the fork works, it works well.

AND,

Since I am going to be purchasing a 4x4 frame, and need a longer travel front fork, I talked
Marzocchi into converting the Marathon to a 100mm travel fork.

I hope, hope, HOPE this works out. Otherwise I would be forced to buy a Fox 100 rlc. And them forks
run some clams.

> I hope, hope, HOPE this works out. Otherwise I would be forced to buy a Fox 100 rlc. And them
> forks run some clams.

Sounds like a win/win to me. I've run other forks on my bikes... but the Fox Forx is by far the best
performer of the bunch.

-John Morgan

And I need to have them press a new , uncut steerer tube on to it.

I'm really, really, REALLY glad I thought of this before it went back.

BTW... In the motorcycle world... Marzocchi is NOT very prestigious to own.... That being said, I
bought one based on the fact that the SIDs are very expensive and built with racing rather
durability in mind, and the Fox's are anywhere near ready to ship to any customers.

"Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> One last chance before I boot them out of the kingdom.
>
> Every Marzocchi fork I have owned has cause me some headache. One headache was self induced, but
> vexing nonethe less. (Due to my error, I had to replace the lowers, and the price was downright
> usurious, even after they gave me a discount off the wholesale price)
>
> Both Marathons have gone back for a recurring negative air chamber problem. Today I'm sending the
> one off the NRS back for a second time. (Side note, it was both vexing and satisfying when the
> tech who answered the phone blamed whoever rebuilt the fork last for the problems. "But, it was
> you guys" Backpedal, backpedal, backpedal.)
>
> So I'm a bit leery of the fork now.
>
> BUT.
>
> When the fork works, it works well.
>
> AND,
>
> Since I am going to be purchasing a 4x4 frame, and need a longer travel front fork, I talked
> Marzocchi into converting the Marathon to a 100mm travel fork.
>
> I hope, hope, HOPE this works out. Otherwise I would be forced to buy a Fox 100 rlc. And them
> forks run some clams.

Anthony... I believe we post on another forum in the local area... anyway, I just ordered a
Marzocchi Marathon SL, I wish I would have asked on the BM site about it, I would liked to have
heard your opinion of it. I got it cheap, almost have off of retail and it is uncut. Well if I have
problems now I know who to talk to!

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:42:28 -0600, Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote:

>One last chance before I boot them out of the kingdom.

Don't you mean the "Bomberhood"?

>Every Marzocchi fork I have owned has cause me some headache.

Serves you right! buying in the BS "Boomberhood"... Live and learn.

>One headache was self induced, but vexing nonethe less. (Due to my error, I had to replace the
>lowers, and the price was downright usurious,

heh, heh, heh ...he said "usurious" Bevis, heh heh heh

>When the fork works, it works well.

Okay then, problem solved. Buy another useless POS product from Marzocchi.

Peace, Bill

:-]

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:16:35 -0500, Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:42:28 -0600, Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>One last chance before I boot them out of the kingdom.
>
>Don't you mean the "Bomberhood"?
>

>>Every Marzocchi fork I have owned has cause me some headache.
>
>Serves you right! buying in the BS "Boomberhood"... Live and learn.
>
>>One headache was self induced, but vexing nonethe less. (Due to my error, I had to replace the
>>lowers, and the price was downright usurious,
>
>heh, heh, heh ...he said "usurious" Bevis, heh heh heh
>

>>When the fork works, it works well.
>
>Okay then, problem solved. Buy another useless POS product from Marzocchi.
>

>Peace, Bill
>

>The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
>give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
>:-]

Everyone has different luck eh? I've run mine for 2 seasons now without the first hint of problem...

go figure.

Dave (got a bomber, but I ain't good enough for the hood)

ELITIST!

In article <[email protected]>, Dave W wrote:

>>>Every Marzocchi fork I have owned has cause me some headache.
>>
>>Serves you right! buying in the BS "Boomberhood"... Live and learn.
>>
>>>One headache was self induced, but vexing nonethe less. (Due to my error, I had to replace the
>>>lowers, and the price was downright usurious,
>
> Everyone has different luck eh? I've run mine for 2 seasons now without the first hint of
> problem...

I ran a 98 Z.2 on my XC bike, and I'm running a Z.1 on my VPS-3. It's been going strong for 3 years
now. Last year, I had to replace the seals because I ride the thing during the winter, even in -25C
weather. The fork still works incredibly well. It's always my first choice, especially for my style
of riding.

JS

--
========================= [email protected] ========================
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:37:27 GMT, Jan Sacharuk <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>Serves you right! buying in the BS "Boomberhood"... Live and learn.

>> Everyone has different luck eh? I've run mine for 2 seasons now without the first hint of
>> problem...
>
>I ran a 98 Z.2 on my XC bike, and I'm running a Z.1 on my VPS-3. It's been going strong for 3 years
>now. Last year, I had to replace the seals because I ride the thing during the winter, even in -25C
>weather. The fork still works incredibly well. It's always my first choice, especially for my style
>of riding.
>
>JS

Geez, -25! My seals will never see temps at that extreme.

wonder how long my seals will last? I guess as long as I take care of them huh?

Dave (doh!)