"Mascots"

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Gadget, Mar 22, 2003.

  1. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

    I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on my handlebar stem. It's a
    fake rooks skull and is affectionaly known as the the "lookout". For all the Stephen King fans, yes
    I know it was in "Wizard and Glass" of the Dark Tower series. So does anyone else have a mascot on
    their bike?

    Gadget

    Tags:

  2. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on
    my
    > handlebar stem. It's a fake rooks skull and is affectionaly known as the
    the
    > "lookout". For all the Stephen King fans, yes I know it was in "Wizard and Glass" of the Dark
    > Tower series. So does anyone else have a mascot on
    their
    > bike?

    The only weird adornment to my bikes is me :)

    Pete

  3. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 08:30:20 -0000, "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on my handlebar stem. It's a
    >fake rooks skull and is affectionaly known as the the "lookout". For all the Stephen King fans, yes
    >I know it was in "Wizard and Glass" of the Dark Tower series. So does anyone else have a mascot on
    >their bike?

    I'm going to buy one next Thursday :eek:)

    I see that Lidl will be selling squeezy/squeeky horns next week and I'm going to have one for my
    commuter handlebars. I can't decide between the cheerful duck, the ferocious dinosaur or the
    crocodile in a pork pie hat.

    Anyone suggesting the elephant would be most appropriate will have their tyres let down.
    Pssssssssstttt.

    (I think the crocodile will win, the hat looks cool and he's really aero)

    Bob

  4. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on
    my
    > handlebar stem. It's a fake rooks skull and is affectionaly known as the
    the
    > "lookout". For all the Stephen King fans, yes I know it was in "Wizard and Glass" of the Dark
    > Tower series. So does anyone else have a mascot on
    their
    > bike?
    >
    > Gadget

    My mascot stays in my shorts!

  5. >I can't decide between the cheerful duck, the ferocious dinosaur or the crocodile in a
    >pork pie hat.

    I just have got to have one of those!!!!!

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  6. M Series

    M Series Guest

    The great cycling god does not appreciate mascots. He will look after you if you do loads of
    training in all weathers.

    "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on
    my
    > handlebar stem. It's a fake rooks skull and is affectionaly known as the
    the
    > "lookout". For all the Stephen King fans, yes I know it was in "Wizard and Glass" of the Dark
    > Tower series. So does anyone else have a mascot on
    their
    > bike?
    >
    > Gadget

  7. Gadget <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on
    my
    > handlebar stem. It's a fake rooks skull and is affectionaly known as the
    the
    > "lookout". For all the Stephen King fans, yes I know it was in "Wizard and Glass" of the Dark
    > Tower series. So does anyone else have a mascot on
    their
    > bike?

    probably the best-known mascot is PB Bear, who even writes in to Arrivee, and posts on the AUK
    mailing list

    Andrew

  8. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Call me Bob wrote:
    > I see that Lidl will be selling squeezy/squeeky horns next week and I'm going to have one for my
    > commuter handlebars. I can't decide between the cheerful duck, the ferocious dinosaur or the
    > crocodile in a pork pie hat.

    At university I used to have a wonderful squeaky duck on my handlebar (he looked a bit like Mr
    Cadburys Parrot, but in orange). It was a sad day when he lost his squeak, but I kept him for
    several years afterwards.

    Thomas Paine

  9. "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on my handlebar stem.

    No you aren't. On at least one occasion last autumn, a chap from Royal Sutton CC [1] turned up to a
    West Midlands League race with a miniature rubber chicken (!) on the stem of his 'cross bike!

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

    [1] Not me, I hasten to add.

  10. G.Harman

    G.Harman Guest

    On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:20:14 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on
    >my
    >> handlebar stem. It's a fake rooks skull and is affectionaly known as the
    >the
    >> "lookout". For all the Stephen King fans, yes I know it was in "Wizard and Glass" of the Dark
    >> Tower series. So does anyone else have a mascot on
    >their
    >> bike?
    >>
    >> Gadget
    >>

    >My mascot stays in my shorts!

    Does a stain show through after you have sat down?

    G.Harman