"Mascots"

Gadget

Guest
I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on my handlebar stem. It's a
fake rooks skull and is affectionaly known as the the "lookout". For all the Stephen King fans, yes
I know it was in "Wizard and Glass" of the Dark Tower series. So does anyone else have a mascot on
their bike?

Gadget

"Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on
my
> handlebar stem. It's a fake rooks skull and is affectionaly known as the
the
> "lookout". For all the Stephen King fans, yes I know it was in "Wizard and Glass" of the Dark
> Tower series. So does anyone else have a mascot on
their
> bike?

The only weird adornment to my bikes is me :)

Pete

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 08:30:20 -0000, "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on my handlebar stem. It's a
>fake rooks skull and is affectionaly known as the the "lookout". For all the Stephen King fans, yes
>I know it was in "Wizard and Glass" of the Dark Tower series. So does anyone else have a mascot on
>their bike?

I'm going to buy one next Thursday :eek:)

I see that Lidl will be selling squeezy/squeeky horns next week and I'm going to have one for my
commuter handlebars. I can't decide between the cheerful duck, the ferocious dinosaur or the
crocodile in a pork pie hat.

Anyone suggesting the elephant would be most appropriate will have their tyres let down.
Pssssssssstttt.

(I think the crocodile will win, the hat looks cool and he's really aero)

Bob

"Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on
my
> handlebar stem. It's a fake rooks skull and is affectionaly known as the
the
> "lookout". For all the Stephen King fans, yes I know it was in "Wizard and Glass" of the Dark
> Tower series. So does anyone else have a mascot on
their
> bike?
>
> Gadget

My mascot stays in my shorts!

>I can't decide between the cheerful duck, the ferocious dinosaur or the crocodile in a
>pork pie hat.

I just have got to have one of those!!!!!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

The great cycling god does not appreciate mascots. He will look after you if you do loads of
training in all weathers.

"Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on
my
> handlebar stem. It's a fake rooks skull and is affectionaly known as the
the
> "lookout". For all the Stephen King fans, yes I know it was in "Wizard and Glass" of the Dark
> Tower series. So does anyone else have a mascot on
their
> bike?
>
> Gadget

Gadget <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on
my
> handlebar stem. It's a fake rooks skull and is affectionaly known as the
the
> "lookout". For all the Stephen King fans, yes I know it was in "Wizard and Glass" of the Dark
> Tower series. So does anyone else have a mascot on
their
> bike?

probably the best-known mascot is PB Bear, who even writes in to Arrivee, and posts on the AUK
mailing list

Andrew

Call me Bob wrote:
> I see that Lidl will be selling squeezy/squeeky horns next week and I'm going to have one for my
> commuter handlebars. I can't decide between the cheerful duck, the ferocious dinosaur or the
> crocodile in a pork pie hat.

At university I used to have a wonderful squeaky duck on my handlebar (he looked a bit like Mr
Cadburys Parrot, but in orange). It was a sad day when he lost his squeak, but I kept him for
several years afterwards.

Thomas Paine

"Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on my handlebar stem.

No you aren't. On at least one occasion last autumn, a chap from Royal Sutton CC [1] turned up to a
West Midlands League race with a miniature rubber chicken (!) on the stem of his 'cross bike!

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

[1] Not me, I hasten to add.

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:20:14 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I have only just noticed I might be the only one but I carry a mascot on
>my
>> handlebar stem. It's a fake rooks skull and is affectionaly known as the
>the
>> "lookout". For all the Stephen King fans, yes I know it was in "Wizard and Glass" of the Dark
>> Tower series. So does anyone else have a mascot on
>their
>> bike?
>>
>> Gadget
>>

>My mascot stays in my shorts!

Does a stain show through after you have sat down?

G.Harman