Masi 3V geometry??

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by breesej, Aug 8, 2004.

1. breesej

breesej New Member

I'm trying to find some geometry info on my 54cm Team 3v frame (most likely a mid 90's frame) distributed by Torelli, does anybody have a url or know off hand? I tried a google search, but no usefull info comes up. Also, how do I know if I have a good Masi or a crappy one. I heard that some are mass produced and weren't as finely crafted as the 80's bikes. What is everybody's oppinion regarding the Masi Team 3V frame?

I'm wondering if I should keep it, if it's actually a frame worth keeping, or just buy a carbon frame and swap my parts over.

Thanks a bunch

Tags:

2. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

What do you need to know that you can't measure, and why?
    The 3v ws a good frame whether made in the US or Italy. There was a 'team' model with sponsor logos on the toptube and a few other places that used an aluminum fork.The Al fork sux comapred to the good steel ones more typically found on Masis.

3. breesej

breesej New Member

I don't have an accurate method of measuring the seat tube and head angle.

I'm searching for geometry specs since I am interested in building another bike, or just replacing this one. If I know what geometry this is, I can narrow down some search parameters and I'd know exactly what stem length and such to buy for another frame.

4. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

It can be done with tig. You aren't likely to find the numbers for your frame,unless you score a Masi catalogue form that approximate vintage. I could give you the numbers for a 58,but the might not be the same as yours.