mass or charity rides

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Martyn Bolt, Jun 20, 2005.

  1. Martyn Bolt

    Martyn Bolt Guest

    The last 2 rides I have been on seem to have had little 'wider'
    publicity.
    They were the @great Yorkshire bike ride' (Wetherby-Filey) and the
    Coast to Coast (Morecambe to scarborough)

    as both were well run, challenging yet fun and some charities
    benefitted.

    is it worth using the list to advise others of any mass participation
    or charity rides

    for example

    14 August CTC challenge ride from Sheffield over Holme Moss 100 0r
    150k

    21 August Dewsbury Ambulance ride Dewsbury (w Yorks) to Morecambe
    70 miles ish

    and the Tour of Britain ride start not decided yet but will go over
    Holme Moss either from Sheffield or huddersfield

    3 routes likely 20,40 80 miles, subject to decisions on venue etc.
    will also have events for children and non riders etc etc

    some mags etc don't list far enough in front to allow us to make
    arrangements.

    martyn

    Tags:

  2. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    Martyn Bolt wrote:
    > The last 2 rides I have been on seem to have had little 'wider'
    > publicity.
    > They were the @great Yorkshire bike ride' (Wetherby-Filey) and the
    > Coast to Coast (Morecambe to scarborough)
    >
    > as both were well run, challenging yet fun and some charities
    > benefitted.
    >
    > is it worth using the list to advise others of any mass participation
    > or charity rides
    >
    > for example
    >
    > 14 August CTC challenge ride from Sheffield over Holme Moss 100 0r
    > 150k
    >
    > 21 August Dewsbury Ambulance ride Dewsbury (w Yorks) to Morecambe
    > 70 miles ish
    >
    > and the Tour of Britain ride start not decided yet but will go over
    > Holme Moss either from Sheffield or huddersfield
    >
    > 3 routes likely 20,40 80 miles, subject to decisions on venue etc.
    > will also have events for children and non riders etc etc
    >
    > some mags etc don't list far enough in front to allow us to make
    > arrangements.
    >
    > martyn

    I think its a good idea.

  3. Hi,

    I'm keen to do the Morecambe-Scarborough ride in 2006 but I can't find a
    single thing about it on this here internet. Got any idea who the organiser
    is?

    Cheers,
    Andy

    x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
    x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

  4. audrey

    audrey Guest

    On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:22:16 -0500, "Sanchie
    Boots"<[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm keen to do the Morecambe-Scarborough ride in 2006 but I can't find a
    >single thing about it on this here internet. Got any idea who the organiser
    >is?

    You could try Bike Events, they organize a lot of these things
    http://www.bike-events.com/

  5. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    audrey wrote:
    > On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:22:16 -0500, "Sanchie
    > Boots"<[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >I'm keen to do the Morecambe-Scarborough ride in 2006 but I can't find a
    > >single thing about it on this here internet. Got any idea who the organiser
    > >is?
    > >

    > You could try Bike Events, they organize a lot of these things
    > http://www.bike-events.com/

    and also the BHF

    the Challenge ride is CTC

    It would be nice to have a thread on mass rides coming up, some of us
    post the rides we are doing and meet others on them but a thread needs
    to keep being replied to to stop it falling off the bottom of the page
    (for those not with newsreaders)

  6. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    Sanchie Boots wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm keen to do the Morecambe-Scarborough ride in 2006 but I can't find a
    > single thing about it on this here internet. Got any idea who the organiser
    > is?

    it was the BHF in 2004; www.bhf.org.uk

    their events fall off the calendar after the date they run, but I
    imagine they will put an advance notice up before January