mass or charity rides

Martyn Bolt

Guest
The last 2 rides I have been on seem to have had little 'wider'
publicity.
They were the @great Yorkshire bike ride' (Wetherby-Filey) and the
Coast to Coast (Morecambe to scarborough)

as both were well run, challenging yet fun and some charities
benefitted.

is it worth using the list to advise others of any mass participation
or charity rides

for example

14 August CTC challenge ride from Sheffield over Holme Moss 100 0r
150k

21 August Dewsbury Ambulance ride Dewsbury (w Yorks) to Morecambe
70 miles ish

and the Tour of Britain ride start not decided yet but will go over
Holme Moss either from Sheffield or huddersfield

3 routes likely 20,40 80 miles, subject to decisions on venue etc.
will also have events for children and non riders etc etc

some mags etc don't list far enough in front to allow us to make
arrangements.

martyn

Martyn Bolt wrote:
> The last 2 rides I have been on seem to have had little 'wider'
> publicity.
> They were the @great Yorkshire bike ride' (Wetherby-Filey) and the
> Coast to Coast (Morecambe to scarborough)
>
> as both were well run, challenging yet fun and some charities
> benefitted.
>
> is it worth using the list to advise others of any mass participation
> or charity rides
>
> for example
>
> 14 August CTC challenge ride from Sheffield over Holme Moss 100 0r
> 150k
>
> 21 August Dewsbury Ambulance ride Dewsbury (w Yorks) to Morecambe
> 70 miles ish
>
> and the Tour of Britain ride start not decided yet but will go over
> Holme Moss either from Sheffield or huddersfield
>
> 3 routes likely 20,40 80 miles, subject to decisions on venue etc.
> will also have events for children and non riders etc etc
>
> some mags etc don't list far enough in front to allow us to make
> arrangements.
>
> martyn

I think its a good idea.

Hi,

I'm keen to do the Morecambe-Scarborough ride in 2006 but I can't find a
single thing about it on this here internet. Got any idea who the organiser
is?

Cheers,
Andy

x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:22:16 -0500, "Sanchie
Boots"<[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm keen to do the Morecambe-Scarborough ride in 2006 but I can't find a
>single thing about it on this here internet. Got any idea who the organiser
>is?

You could try Bike Events, they organize a lot of these things
http://www.bike-events.com/

audrey wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:22:16 -0500, "Sanchie
> Boots"<[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >I'm keen to do the Morecambe-Scarborough ride in 2006 but I can't find a
> >single thing about it on this here internet. Got any idea who the organiser
> >is?
> >

> You could try Bike Events, they organize a lot of these things
> http://www.bike-events.com/

and also the BHF

the Challenge ride is CTC

It would be nice to have a thread on mass rides coming up, some of us
post the rides we are doing and meet others on them but a thread needs
to keep being replied to to stop it falling off the bottom of the page
(for those not with newsreaders)

Sanchie Boots wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm keen to do the Morecambe-Scarborough ride in 2006 but I can't find a
> single thing about it on this here internet. Got any idea who the organiser
> is?

it was the BHF in 2004; www.bhf.org.uk

their events fall off the calendar after the date they run, but I
imagine they will put an advance notice up before January