Mass state triathlon bike & run course

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
Put together a video of the bike and run course of the upcoming Mass State Triathlon. This event is right in my backyard with the run course going by my house twice, and the bike course is one of my regular weekly bike rides. I'm a run course marshal for the Max Performance Racing Series that puts on this event. The fun part this year is that long time (41 yrs.) friend of mine will be doing his first Tri at this event. Looking forward to a great day of racing.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well that is pretty nice that you live right next to the course for the event...pretty convenient. Sounds like your friend is in for a good time, and I am sure that he is lucky to have someone who knows what they are doing behind them. That is really part of my fear of a lot of events like this is I really have nobody to help guide the way, so trust me, you are being a very good friend and I hope you have a good time.

Well that is pretty nice that you live right next to the course for the event...pretty convenient. Sounds like your friend is in for a good time, and I am sure that he is lucky to have someone who knows what they are doing behind them. That is really part of my fear of a lot of events like this is I really have nobody to help guide the way, so trust me, you are being a very good friend and I hope you have a good time.

The fun part has been getting him on a road bike, and learning what a great sport it is. I've seen many people over the years who buy a road bike but then get intimidated by unfriendly club riders, or by riding with cars flying by them so close and so fast. Whenever I introduce someone to road riding like with my friend Dave the first month that we ride together I spend 90% of the time riding in back of them and off there left shoulder. That way it forces cars to go a tad wider around us, so for a new rider it's a little more comfortable. Plus I will stay on a lot more less traveled roads, and when on a main road I choose ones with wider breakdown lanes to ride in. Like with Dave I record the entire ride and then go over areas with him that he should work on before we ride together again.
Cycling is such a great sport and it has been a part of my life for 40 years and sharing the great sport with others is fun. I have two little grandchildren ages 3 and 2 and their already on balance bikes, and should be on regular bikes without training wheels by summers end. They are my future riding partners that I can't wait to ride with.