Massage for relaxation

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by Corzhens, Jan 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

When I was new to riding with a group, I noticed that some cyclists would be massaging each other's legs during the rest period in the destination. That scene was just a scene until I started getting a massage after riding. I am fortunate that there is a nearby massage parlor in our house and they offer home service. So after a hard grind, I would take a bath after my meal and the massage follows.

Do you fancy massage to relax your body particularly the tired legs?

Tags:

2. Weatherby

Weatherby Well-Known Member

Massage helps me recover from hard rides but they are expensive. I also prefer the Thai style massage where they spend a lot of effort bending you like a pretzel or what I call forced Yoga. Unfortunately, I cannot find a Thai Practitioner where I live. I did find a Chinese man who is pretty darned good and try to go as often as I can justify spending the money. I need one now because I have ridden about 820 miles in the past two weeks and my muscles are little tired.

3. Abby25

Abby25 Member

I go to a chiropractor that incorporates deep tissue massage into his treatments. I try to get a massage at least once every week or two and I feel so relaxed afterwards. Since I have problems with my joints, I feel the combination of massage and riding helps me prevent the pain from getting worse.