Massage for relaxation

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
When I was new to riding with a group, I noticed that some cyclists would be massaging each other's legs during the rest period in the destination. That scene was just a scene until I started getting a massage after riding. I am fortunate that there is a nearby massage parlor in our house and they offer home service. So after a hard grind, I would take a bath after my meal and the massage follows.

Do you fancy massage to relax your body particularly the tired legs?

Massage helps me recover from hard rides but they are expensive. I also prefer the Thai style massage where they spend a lot of effort bending you like a pretzel or what I call forced Yoga. Unfortunately, I cannot find a Thai Practitioner where I live. I did find a Chinese man who is pretty darned good and try to go as often as I can justify spending the money. I need one now because I have ridden about 820 miles in the past two weeks and my muscles are little tired.

I go to a chiropractor that incorporates deep tissue massage into his treatments. I try to get a massage at least once every week or two and I feel so relaxed afterwards. Since I have problems with my joints, I feel the combination of massage and riding helps me prevent the pain from getting worse.

Massage is the best thing you can do for your body and one of the best things for yourself. It improves circulation, which in turn improves your well-being.

Oh, yes, it's a great practice. Your muscles are bound to be sore after intense exertion