Master Cook

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lmtodd, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. Lmtodd

    Lmtodd Guest

    I have had the master cook program for a long time. And now I am having trouble printing the recipes
    that I have put in. I have the 4.0 version (yes I know that it is old but it has worked great for me
    until now). It will let me print the recipes that came with the program. But it will not print the
    one I have put in. I get a message that says Cannot find open file
    c\sierra\mcook4\layout\LETTER.LOP. I have tried to reinstall but that did not help. I use to let me
    print. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks LYN

    Tags:

  2. Nathan

    Nathan Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 17:45:37 -0600, lmtodd wrote:

    > I have had the master cook program for a long time. And now I am having trouble printing the
    > recipes that I have put in. I have the 4.0 version (yes I know that it is old but it has worked
    > great for me until now). It will let me print the recipes that came with the program. But it will
    > not print the one I have put in. I get a message that says Cannot find open file
    > c\sierra\mcook4\layout\LETTER.LOP. I have tried to reinstall but that did not help. I use to let
    > me print. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks LYN

    Look in the pathway that is in the folder c\sierra\mcook4\layout\ see if the Letter.LOP is there.
    If it is rename it anything and then put the disk in the drive and see if that file is on the
    disk.. if so cut and paste it in that folder. Sounds like the file is in the folder where the
    original recipes are but may not be where your recipes are and when you try to print it can not
    find the file. Good luck..

    nathan

  3. Bolivar

    Bolivar Guest

    lmtodd wrote:

    > I have had the master cook program for a long time. And now I am having trouble printing the
    > recipes that I have put in. I have the 4.0 version (yes I know that it is old but it has worked
    > great for me until now). It will let me print the recipes that came with the program. But it will
    > not print the one I have put in. I get a message that says Cannot find open file
    > c\sierra\mcook4\layout\LETTER.LOP. I have tried to reinstall but that did not help. I use to let
    > me print. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks LYN

    Have you changed computers in the meantime? Recipes that you have entered into MC are stored on your
    computer's HD, not on the MC CD.

    Just a thought off the top of my head.

    Boli

  4. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    "lmtodd" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I have had the master cook program for a long time. And now I am having trouble printing the
    > recipes that I have put in. I have the
    > 4. version (yes I know that it is old but it has worked great for me until now). It will let me
    > print the recipes that came with the program. But it will not print the one I have put in. I
    > get a message that says Cannot find open file c\sierra\mcook4\layout\LETTER.LOP. I have tried
    > to reinstall but that did not help. I use to let me print. Any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks LYN

    Possibly...It has been set to print to the style in letter.lop. And that file has been removed.

    Cure...tell it to print in another style...and save that file. Or re-create a print format you like.

    --
    Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
    --------