Master Cook

Lmtodd

Guest
I have had the master cook program for a long time. And now I am having trouble printing the recipes
that I have put in. I have the 4.0 version (yes I know that it is old but it has worked great for me
until now). It will let me print the recipes that came with the program. But it will not print the
one I have put in. I get a message that says Cannot find open file
c\sierra\mcook4\layout\LETTER.LOP. I have tried to reinstall but that did not help. I use to let me
print. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks LYN

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 17:45:37 -0600, lmtodd wrote:

> I have had the master cook program for a long time. And now I am having trouble printing the
> recipes that I have put in. I have the 4.0 version (yes I know that it is old but it has worked
> great for me until now). It will let me print the recipes that came with the program. But it will
> not print the one I have put in. I get a message that says Cannot find open file
> c\sierra\mcook4\layout\LETTER.LOP. I have tried to reinstall but that did not help. I use to let
> me print. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks LYN

Look in the pathway that is in the folder c\sierra\mcook4\layout\ see if the Letter.LOP is there.
If it is rename it anything and then put the disk in the drive and see if that file is on the
disk.. if so cut and paste it in that folder. Sounds like the file is in the folder where the
original recipes are but may not be where your recipes are and when you try to print it can not
find the file. Good luck..

nathan

lmtodd wrote:

> I have had the master cook program for a long time. And now I am having trouble printing the
> recipes that I have put in. I have the 4.0 version (yes I know that it is old but it has worked
> great for me until now). It will let me print the recipes that came with the program. But it will
> not print the one I have put in. I get a message that says Cannot find open file
> c\sierra\mcook4\layout\LETTER.LOP. I have tried to reinstall but that did not help. I use to let
> me print. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks LYN

Have you changed computers in the meantime? Recipes that you have entered into MC are stored on your
computer's HD, not on the MC CD.

Just a thought off the top of my head.

Boli

"lmtodd" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I have had the master cook program for a long time. And now I am having trouble printing the
> recipes that I have put in. I have the
> 4. version (yes I know that it is old but it has worked great for me until now). It will let me
> print the recipes that came with the program. But it will not print the one I have put in. I
> get a message that says Cannot find open file c\sierra\mcook4\layout\LETTER.LOP. I have tried
> to reinstall but that did not help. I use to let me print. Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks LYN

Possibly...It has been set to print to the style in letter.lop. And that file has been removed.

Cure...tell it to print in another style...and save that file. Or re-create a print format you like.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
--------