Master link for a 2000 Rans V-Rex

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Dave Miller, Jun 6, 2003.

  1. Dave Miller

    Dave Miller Guest

    I'm trying to determine what kind of "master link" to buy for my 2000 V-Rex. I know , I know but I
    want one just in case.

    The 2003 spec says it's a KMC Z9000 chain? How can I tell?

    Tags:

  2. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Dave Miller <> says...
    > I'm trying to determine what kind of "master link" to buy for my 2000 V-Rex. I know , I know but I
    > want one just in case.
    >
    > The 2003 spec says it's a KMC Z9000 chain? How can I tell?

    Did you look at what is stamped on the chain link? If id Says KMC then you need a KMC MasterLink. If
    it says SRAM then you need a SRAM PowerLink. If it say Shimano then you need a Craig Super link. If
    it is a 9-spd then you need the 9-spd link...

    If you want to live life on the edge, you can mix brands. I don;t know anyone that has.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. Dave Miller

    Dave Miller Guest

    On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:50:07 -0500, Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, Dave Miller <> says...
    >> I'm trying to determine what kind of "master link" to buy for my 2000 V-Rex. I know , I know but
    >> I want one just in case.
    >>
    >> The 2003 spec says it's a KMC Z9000 chain? How can I tell?
    >>

    >Did you look at what is stamped on the chain link? If id Says KMC then you need a KMC MasterLink.
    >If it says SRAM then you need a SRAM PowerLink. If it say Shimano then you need a Craig Super link.
    >If it is a 9-spd then you need the 9-spd link...
    >
    >If you want to live life on the edge, you can mix brands. I don;t know anyone that has.

    Thanks. The eyes are the second....no, no third..oh hell, I don't remember what order they went in
    but with a causual glance before I wrote I didn't see any stamp. I'll look again - thanks!

  4. Greg Dunn

    Greg Dunn Guest

    I've had a 9-speed Super-Link on my KMC chain for several thousand miles, with no problems.

    --
    Greg Dunn