Master link for a 2000 Rans V-Rex

Dave Miller

Guest
I'm trying to determine what kind of "master link" to buy for my 2000 V-Rex. I know , I know but I
want one just in case.

The 2003 spec says it's a KMC Z9000 chain? How can I tell?

In article <[email protected]>, Dave Miller <> says...
> I'm trying to determine what kind of "master link" to buy for my 2000 V-Rex. I know , I know but I
> want one just in case.
>
> The 2003 spec says it's a KMC Z9000 chain? How can I tell?

Did you look at what is stamped on the chain link? If id Says KMC then you need a KMC MasterLink. If
it says SRAM then you need a SRAM PowerLink. If it say Shimano then you need a Craig Super link. If
it is a 9-spd then you need the 9-spd link...

If you want to live life on the edge, you can mix brands. I don;t know anyone that has.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:50:07 -0500, Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, Dave Miller <> says...
>> I'm trying to determine what kind of "master link" to buy for my 2000 V-Rex. I know , I know but
>> I want one just in case.
>>
>> The 2003 spec says it's a KMC Z9000 chain? How can I tell?
>>

>Did you look at what is stamped on the chain link? If id Says KMC then you need a KMC MasterLink.
>If it says SRAM then you need a SRAM PowerLink. If it say Shimano then you need a Craig Super link.
>If it is a 9-spd then you need the 9-spd link...
>
>If you want to live life on the edge, you can mix brands. I don;t know anyone that has.

Thanks. The eyes are the second....no, no third..oh hell, I don't remember what order they went in
but with a causual glance before I wrote I didn't see any stamp. I'll look again - thanks!

I've had a 9-speed Super-Link on my KMC chain for several thousand miles, with no problems.

--
Greg Dunn