Material for covering seat (not mesh)

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Steve Collier, Apr 6, 2003.

  1. Hi -

    My BikeE seat is wearing rather thin (ordinary AT, not sweetseat). Can anyone suggest where I can
    buy some material that I can re-cover the seat with?

    I plan to staple it over the existing seat padding. It looks something like what cycle shorts are
    made of. I'd like to order on the web, preferably from Europe, if anyone can recommend a place.

    Thanks, SteveC (Norway) BikeE AT, Trice classic & micro

    Tags:

  2. Ben Fox

    Ben Fox Guest

    www.poweroncycling.com Mark makes seat covers for Rans seats I'm sure he can come up with a Bike-E
    cover. They have elastic sewn in and look like O.E. cover. Ben Fox "Steve Collier"
    > Hi -
    >
    > My BikeE seat is wearing rather thin (ordinary AT, not sweetseat). Can anyone suggest where I can
    > buy some material that I can re-cover the seat with?
    >
    > I plan to staple it over the existing seat padding. It looks something
    like
    > what cycle shorts are made of. I'd like to order on the web, preferably
    from
    > Europe, if anyone can recommend a place.
    >
    > Thanks, SteveC (Norway) BikeE AT, Trice classic & micro

  3. What if I have a hardshell (eurostyle) seat? I'd need to get a thin, almost comfortable and possibly
    breathable layer of some stuff. Anything cheap and easy to get I could try first?

  4. <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...
    > What if I have a hardshell (eurostyle) seat? I'd need to get a thin, almost comfortable and
    > possibly breathable layer of some stuff. Anything cheap and easy to get I could try first?

    Fabric or foam? Get some black filterfoam from here: http://www.zephyr.nl/shop/enter.html under
    zittingen en kuessens. Cost me 25 euro with postage.

    Waterproof, opencell, light and compresses so you dont bounce yet it supports you and is comfy. Just
    dont ride without a shirt. Or you could try astroturf like Reynolds uses. (thats fake grass)

    M.

  5. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    "
    > "Steve Collier" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Hi -
    >>
    >> My BikeE seat is wearing rather thin (ordinary AT, not sweetseat). Can anyone suggest where I can
    >> buy some material that I can re-cover the seat with?
    >>
    >> I plan to staple it over the existing seat padding. It looks something
    > like
    >> what cycle shorts are made of. I'd like to order on the web, preferably
    > from
    >> Europe, if anyone can recommend a place.
    >>
    >> Thanks, SteveC (Norway) BikeE AT, Trice classic & micro

    Here is a link page for Quilting in Norway, hopefully with links to fabric sources
    http://home.online.no/~barbaras/quiltlinks.htm I can't read Norwegian(not even close) so I may be
    mistaken. You will be looking for Lycra or Spandex, or whatever the Norwegian word is for that! It
    is also used for swimsuits.

    good luck, rorschandt