Matrix Training

Merlin

Guest
Does anyone have any comments on Matrix Training?
I read a short artricle on it claiming that this form of training is 2-3
times more effective than regular weight training.
I think its also referrered to as Isotonic training or Isotonic Matrix.
In simple this training is where you still do a regualr workout but split
the movements up. For example in a bicep curl you might do 5 reps of the
bottom half then 5 reps of the top half. Which supposedly makes for a more
thorough workout and isolates muscles better if you only do a small movement
in the range where you can feel it more.
I have started using this, and certainly makes for a hard workout but I
wanted to hear from people who have been there done that and if they could
post what results they had.
Also are there any links to this form of training with example programs and
moves?
Many thanks.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Merlin" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Does anyone have any comments on Matrix Training?
> I read a short artricle on it claiming that this form of training is 2-3
> times more effective than regular weight training.
> I think its also referrered to as Isotonic training or Isotonic Matrix.
> In simple this training is where you still do a regualr workout but split
> the movements up. For example in a bicep curl you might do 5 reps of the
> bottom half then 5 reps of the top half. Which supposedly makes for a more
> thorough workout and isolates muscles better if you only do a small movement
> in the range where you can feel it more.
> I have started using this, and certainly makes for a hard workout but I
> wanted to hear from people who have been there done that and if they could
> post what results they had.
> Also are there any links to this form of training with example programs and
> moves?
> Many thanks.

In my world isolating a muscle does not equate to a better workout.

In the bodybuilding world - maybe. The only advantage I can see is
reduced momentum - more tension.

--
Keith

Merlin wrote:

> Does anyone have any comments on Matrix Training?

That really is air you're breathing. Take the red pill.

Stuff like this only works for me when doing biceps. I mean how would
you do the 'bottom half' and 'top half' of a squat? or bench or lat
pulldown...F that.
You're going to hurt yourself trying to do the 'bottom half' of a
squat...lmao

Try some supersets, they are loads of fun...