Matrix Vapor ERD?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kbh, May 6, 2003.

  1. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    Says 610 on the rim label. I get 614 using Spocalc's method.

    Do rim manufacturers generally include the thickness of the nipple head in ERD?

    If they don't, and since Spocalc does, that would explain the discrepancy.

    Kyle

    Tags:

  2. kbh-<< Do rim manufacturers generally include the thickness of the nipple head in ERD?

    ERD is nipple seat to nipple seat across the rim-what kinda nipp shouldn't matter-

    Try a wheelsmith rod to measure-

  3. Almost Fast

    Almost Fast Guest

    The "effective" in "effective rim diameter" is there because the dimension is *not* taken on any rim
    surface. ERD is correctly measured to the "ideal" location of the ends of all the spokes.

    For most that includes nipple heads, as shown on
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/rinard/spocalc.htm#MeasureHubAndRim.