Matt Damon as Lance?

psycholist

Guest
That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
Armstrong.

I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
play golf, either one.

I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.

Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

Bob C.

Damon as Livestong?
ok. I would buy that.

How about T. Heinz Kerry as Crow.....both older, dried up and lots of cash.

news:[email protected]...

On 28-Jul-2004, "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
> supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

Seems silly to me to make a biographical drama when there is ample real life
footage available to create a compelling documentary. Plus you know a
scripted film will do no justice to cycling as a sport.

steve
--
"A man was severely injured today in the Knutsford area."

Benny Hill

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> On 28-Jul-2004, "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
> > supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

> Seems silly to me to make a biographical drama when there is ample real

life
> footage available to create a compelling documentary. Plus you know a
> scripted film will do no justice to cycling as a sport.
>
> steve
> --
> "A man was severely injured today in the Knutsford area."
>
> Benny Hill

Or, you could have Michael Moore do a spinumentary.

Bob C.

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
> Armstrong.
>
> I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
> than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
> play golf, either one.
>
> I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
> balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.
>
> Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
> supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

I thought it was interesting when Damon was on Letterman last Thursday, he
used the word pelOton. Now we know why.

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
> Armstrong.
>
> I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
> than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
> play golf, either one.
>
> I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
> balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.
>
> Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
> supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.
>
> Bob C.

Damon lost 20 pounds to play the the drug addict in Courage Under Fire with
Meg Ryan. He plays both parts before and after, and his family said he lost
too much weight by running and was obsessed with the part. Kind of like when
Tom Hanks did the same in his Island movie.

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > On 28-Jul-2004, "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
> > > supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

> > Seems silly to me to make a biographical drama when there is ample real

> life
> > footage available to create a compelling documentary. Plus you know a
> > scripted film will do no justice to cycling as a sport.

> Or, you could have Michael Moore do a spinumentary.

I think the correct term is "crockumentary". Seems as how he's been de-spun
by everything from the 911 Commission Report to the latest being Yeslam
Binladin who says that Moore's film purposely misrepresented his family -
claiming that they were flown out of the country with some sort of priority
when in fact they were treated as any other foreign visitors. He also
debunked the oft repeated claim that members of the bin Laden family were in
Afghanistan with Osama.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040728/ap_on_en_mo/film_bin_laden_moore_5

But then when someone prefers lies to truth you can always bet that there's
a Liberal in the woodpile.

"psycholist" <[email protected]...
> That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
> Armstrong.
>
> I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
> than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
> play golf, either one.

Maybe Damon will quit smoking?

> I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
> balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.

Schwarzenegger'd make a good Der Kaiser.

-Ken

> "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Seems silly to me to make a biographical drama when there is ample

real
> > life
> > > footage available to create a compelling documentary. Plus you know a
> > > scripted film will do no justice to cycling as a sport.

> > Or, you could have Michael Moore do a spinumentary.

> I think the correct term is "crockumentary". Seems as how he's been

de-spun
> by everything from the 911 Commission Report to the latest being Yeslam
> Binladin who says that Moore's film purposely misrepresented his family -
> claiming that they were flown out of the country with some sort of

priority
> when in fact they were treated as any other foreign visitors. He also
> debunked the oft repeated claim that members of the bin Laden family were

in
> Afghanistan with Osama.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040728/ap_on_en_mo/film_bin_laden_moore_5

> But then when someone prefers lies to truth you can always bet that

there's
> a Liberal in the woodpile.

You get no argument here, Tom. I just suggested spinumentary because of the
play on the cycling angle along with the slanted "documentary" style of Mr.
Moore.

Bob C.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:

> But then when someone prefers lies to truth you can always bet that there's
> a Liberal in the woodpile.

"Clinton took drug money from the Columbians." Right, Tom?

--
tanx,
Howard

So far, so good, so what?

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Tom Kunich wrote:

> But then when someone prefers lies to truth you can always bet that there's
> a Liberal in the woodpile.

Yeah. Either that or a conservative.

Ever hear Rush Limbaugh? He's made quite a living without either
liberals or notable attention to the truth.

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply

Carl Sundquist wrote:

> I thought it was interesting when Damon was on Letterman last Thursday, he
> used the word pelOton. Now we know why.

How can you tell that the O was in upper-case?
Did they have closed-caption subtitles or something?

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
> Armstrong.
>
> I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
> than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
> play golf, either one.
>
> I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
> balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.
>
> Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
> supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.
>
> Bob C.

Matt Damon is to nice to play Lance. Even when he plays a baddy (The
talented Mr.Ripley or Bourne Identity) he comes across as a nice guy.

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message >

> > I thought it was interesting when Damon was on Letterman last Thursday,

he
> > used the word pelOton. Now we know why.

> How can you tell that the O was in upper-case?
> Did they have closed-caption subtitles or something?

It's a LANCE kind of thing.

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
> Armstrong.
>
> I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
> than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
> play golf, either one.
>
> I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
> balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.
>
> Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
> supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.
>
> Bob C.

But who will play Dr Ferrari ? What actor could play a good Chemical
Architect ?
If Marlon Brando hadn't passed away recently he could have revived his
role as the Doc in "The Island of Dr Moreau" !

"mr60percent" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> But who will play Dr Ferrari ? What actor could play a good Chemical
> Architect ?

Steve Buscemi?

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
> > Armstrong.
> >
> > I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike

better
> > than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike

or
> > play golf, either one.
> >
> > I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
> > balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.
> >
> > Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
> > supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.
> >
> > Bob C.

> Matt Damon is to nice to play Lance. Even when he plays a baddy (The
> talented Mr.Ripley or Bourne Identity) he comes across as a nice guy.

If you are saying that Damon is a poopy actor then I concur.

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
> Armstrong.
>
> I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
> than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
> play golf, either one.
>
> I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
> balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.
>
> Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
> supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.
>
> Bob C.

I wonder who's gonna play Roll, Sherwan et Liggett.

On 29 Jul 2004 05:23:34 -0700, mr60percent wrote:
>But who will play Dr Ferrari ? What actor could play a good Chemical
>Architect ?

Yesterday was the last episode of The Long Firm on BBC2. Mark Strong
played Harry Starks with just enough arrogance, self-apologeticness and
hairgel to be a convincing dr. Ferrari.

But, will the film show him pissing into cups at least 24 times or rubbing
Actoveggan cream into his butt? And who will play Emma O'Reilly in the
film? Will Simeoni play himself?