Matt Damon as Lance?

news:p[email protected]...
> But, will the film show him pissing into cups at least 24 times or rubbing
> Actoveggan cream into his butt? And who will play Emma O'Reilly in the
> film? Will Simeoni play himself?

And what about Naomi?

"DFN" wrote...
> "psycholist" wrote...
> > That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
> > Armstrong.

> Why? Was Lance unavailable for the role?

Why do you think Subaru restricts his lines to one-liners?

J "dude can't act" F

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
> Armstrong.
>
> I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
> than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
> play golf, either one.
>
> I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
> balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.
>
> Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
> supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.
>
> Bob C.

As long as all the Russians have beards, I'll be happy. I hate it when
people try to debunk the stereotypes I cherish.

Some other thoughts:
Jan Ullrich = Willem Dafoe or maybe Rick Schroeder
Johan Bruyneel = Denzel Washington
Sheryl Crow = Catherine Mannheim
Kristin Armstrong = Ashley Judd
Jean-Marie Leblanc = Robert Deniro
Robin Williams = Ben Affleck

Seriously though, this movie will suck for anyone that knows the
story.

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> real
> > > life

> > > Or, you could have Michael Moore do a spinumentary.

> > I think the correct term is "crockumentary". Seems as how he's been

> de-spun
> > by everything from the 911 Commission Report to the latest being Yeslam
> > Binladin who says that Moore's film purposely misrepresented his

family -
> > claiming that they were flown out of the country with some sort of

> priority
> > when in fact they were treated as any other foreign visitors. He also
> > debunked the oft repeated claim that members of the bin Laden family

were
> in
> > Afghanistan with Osama.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040728/ap_on_en_mo/film_bin_la
den_moore_5

> > But then when someone prefers lies to truth you can always bet that

> there's
> > a Liberal in the woodpile.
> >

> You get no argument here, Tom. I just suggested spinumentary because of

the
> play on the cycling angle along with the slanted "documentary" style of

Mr.
> Moore.
>
> Bob C.

Hmm, slanted documentary? That sounds like "propaganda". What is the
difference alleged to be?

"steve" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
news:[email protected]...
> "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
> > Armstrong.
> >
> > I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike

better
> > than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike

or
> > play golf, either one.
> >
> > I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
> > balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.
> >
> > Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
> > supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.
> >
> > Bob C.

> Matt Damon is to nice to play Lance. Even when he plays a baddy (The
> talented Mr.Ripley or Bourne Identity) he comes across as a nice guy.

In that case, he's the wrong choice. Lance has many admirable qualities.
"Nice guy" isn't one of them. Oh well, it's Hollywood...

Who's going to play the diabetic soigneur?

news:[email protected]...

Roland2k wrote:

> As long as all the Russians have beards, I'll be happy. I hate it when
> people try to debunk the stereotypes I cherish.
>
> Some other thoughts:
> Jan Ullrich = Willem Dafoe or maybe Rick Schroeder
> Johan Bruyneel = Denzel Washington
> Sheryl Crow = Catherine Mannheim
> Kristin Armstrong = Ashley Judd
> Jean-Marie Leblanc = Robert Deniro
> Robin Williams = Ben Affleck

Raimondas Rumsas = Dolph Lundgren

Actually Jorgen Bo Petersen should be played by Willem Dafoe (as a cameo
role). Those two really look similar.

Jeff

"Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "DFN" wrote...
> > "psycholist" wrote...
> > > That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
> > > Armstrong.

> > Why? Was Lance unavailable for the role?

> Why do you think Subaru restricts his lines to one-liners?
>
> J "dude can't act" F

True, they could however have him do all the bike scenes and dub his voice
for everything else sort of like watching old Godzilla movies.

psycholist wrote:
> That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
> Armstrong.
>
> I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
> than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
> play golf, either one.
>
> I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
> balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.
>
> Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
> supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.
>
> Bob C.

A few suggestions for supporting roles:

Lance's Mom Olsen twin #1
Kik Armstrong Olsen twin #2
Sheryl Crowe Mariah Carey (I'm assuming there will be a sex scene)
Jan Ullrich David Hasselhoff
Marco Pantani Ferenghi guy from Star Trek
Eddy Merckx Himself

--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/

psycholist wrote:

> That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
> Armstrong.
>
> I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
> than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
> play golf, either one.
>
> I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
> balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.
>
> Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
> supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.
>
> Bob C.

A few thoughts on supporting roles for the Lance movie:

Lance's mom Olsen twin #1
Kik Armstrong Olsen twin #2
Sheryl Crowe Mariah Carey (I'm assuming there's a sex scene here)
Jan Ullrich David Hasselhoff
Marco Pantani Ferengi guy from Star Trek
Eddy Merckx Himself (TIOOYK)

--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/

"DFN" wrote ...

> True, they could however have him do all the bike scenes and dub his voice
> for everything else sort of like watching old Godzilla movies.

They'd just have to make sure the voice-over was out of sync with the mouth
movements.

"Diablo Scott" wrote...
> A few suggestions for supporting roles:
>
> Marco Pantani Ferenghi guy from Star Trek

Too funny.

Jim Flom wrote:
> "DFN" wrote...
>
>>"psycholist" wrote...
>>
>>>That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
>>>Armstrong.

>>Why? Was Lance unavailable for the role?

> Why do you think Subaru restricts his lines to one-liners?
>
> J "dude can't act" F

Have you seen "Dodgeball"? He wasn't bad for a guy playing himself in a
bit walk-on part.

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 21:22, psycholist wrote:
> Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
> supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) as Oscar Sevilla
Katie Holmes (Joey Potter) as Haven Hamilton
Jeff Potter as Didi Senft

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 08:18:38 -0500, Carl Sundquist wrote:
>> Jeff Potter as Didi Senft

>Is there a smell-o-vision equivalent to 3-D glasses?

Ha! I hope not.

"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in news:10gn71qlv7oie0
@corp.supernews.com:

> "Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>> Jeff Potter as Didi Senft

> Is there a smell-o-vision equivalent to 3-D glasses?

Yeah -- Odor-Rama. I still have my scratch and sniff card from seeing
"Polyester" by John Waters.

NS
catching up after a ligntening strike knocked out my modem