Matt Damon as Lance?

> I think the correct term is "crockumentary". Seems as how he's been de-spun
> by everything from the 911 Commission Report to the latest being Yeslam
> Binladin who says that Moore's film purposely misrepresented his family -
> claiming that they were flown out of the country with some sort of priority
> when in fact they were treated as any other foreign visitors. He also
> debunked the oft repeated claim that members of the bin Laden family were in
> Afghanistan with Osama.

I know this is 'way off-topic, but can you point me to a site which
shows something like which other foreign visitors were flown out of
the country during the same period? I've been having this same
argument with a guy at work and something like that would be great.

If you can find one which also talks about racing then we'd be almost
on-topic!

Thanks,
-BC

On 12 Aug 2004 11:54:09 -0700, [email protected] (Palookabutt)
wrote:

>I know this is 'way off-topic, but can you point me to a site which
>shows something like which other foreign visitors were flown out of
>the country during the same period? I've been having this same
>argument with a guy at work and something like that would be great.
>
>If you can find one which also talks about racing then we'd be almost
>on-topic!
>
>Thanks,
>-BC

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5403841/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A4014-2004Jul21.html

No cyclists. Space reopend on the 14th, the flight taking place on the
19th/20th, depending on what departure point you use.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

On 12 Aug 2004 11:54:09 -0700, [email protected] (Palookabutt) wrote:

>> I think the correct term is "crockumentary". Seems as how he's been de-spun
>> by everything from the 911 Commission Report to the latest being Yeslam
>> Binladin who says that Moore's film purposely misrepresented his family -
>> claiming that they were flown out of the country with some sort of priority
>> when in fact they were treated as any other foreign visitors. He also
>> debunked the oft repeated claim that members of the bin Laden family were in
>> Afghanistan with Osama.

>I know this is 'way off-topic, but can you point me to a site which
>shows something like which other foreign visitors were flown out of
>the country during the same period? I've been having this same
>argument with a guy at work and something like that would be great.

This is actually kinda difficult since what actually happened is that civil
aviation was resumed and that's when everybody started flying again. There were
no special flights.

>If you can find one which also talks about racing then we'd be almost
>on-topic!

I'm sure a great many cyclists were able to continue on to their destinations at
that time as well.

Ron

In article <[email protected]>,
Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 12 Aug 2004 11:54:09 -0700, [email protected] (Palookabutt)
> wrote:
>
> >I know this is 'way off-topic, but can you point me to a site which
> >shows something like which other foreign visitors were flown out of
> >the country during the same period? I've been having this same
> >argument with a guy at work and something like that would be great.
> >
> >If you can find one which also talks about racing then we'd be almost
> >on-topic!
> >
> >Thanks,
> >-BC

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5403841/
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A4014-2004Jul21.html
>
> No cyclists. Space reopend on the 14th, the flight taking place on the
> 19th/20th, depending on what departure point you use.

Those are good articles, but it *may* not (emphasizing "may") be as
clear-cut as some sources indicate. There's a decent overview on Snopes
that has some good sourcing (though some of the articles are sort of hard
to find now, and there is a dearth of links in it). The "Phantom Flight"
story is a pay article, but it's on a couple other sites in its entirety.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/flight.htm

http://www.rense.com/general29/resuc.htm

From the Snopes article:
--------
"However, records obtained from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) seem to indicate that one
flight carrying approximately 46 Saudi citizens may have left the U.S. from
New York as early as September 13 , before the general ban on air travel
was lifted. The records do not identify who these passengers may have been
-- bin Laden relatives, royal family members, or other Saudi nationals.
(The "Class of Admission" column in the document lists the departing
passengers as a mixture of foreign government officials and their employees
and temporary visitors to the U.S. for either business or pleasure."
--------

Here's the link to the FOIA:

http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive/2004/homelandsecurity.pdf

--