Road Cycling · Public discussion

Mattan in is own words

Started by Van Hoorebeeck Bart · · Last activity · 4 posts · 417 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
8 April 2005
Last activity
8 April 2005
Original author
Van Hoorebeeck Bart
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
417
Views / 30 days
9

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. (although butchered into RBR-ish by me)

    "In 1999 I was told to quit racing beacuse of my cardiac
    irregularities..... Bobby Julich refered me to specialists in Charlotte,
    and there I got a green light"

    "... Since those events, I enjoy life at the maximum. Wednesday evening
    I went 'on' with some 600 fans, here nearby. Also after the Ronde I
    drank some Trappisten with friends"

    And looking at the video

    "When Cooke came, Flecha attacked. Cooke was gone immediately, but I
    couldn't bridge that small gap either. I don't understand that. But
    maybe that was my luck. Flecha, who had been wild on the Kemmel too,
    went like an arrow really. He took 100 meters, but never got much more.
    He couldn't keep his pace, but I did. With 800 meters to go, I saw the
    cars behind him getting closer. I didn't ask them to be there. And I was
    already going a lot faster than Flecha. ...That man crossing the line
    there cheering, is that me??"

    "Whenever I rode by there on training, I always did a victory salute on
    the line."

    "They offered me a 2 years contract, but I chose for 1. I wanted to show
    I wasn't worn out yet."

    "Sunday I will use special tubes, that I have been keeping for 10
    years.... Pressure is important too. Before the Ronde I secretly checked
    Lance's tubes. 7 kg. Too much for the cobbles."

  2. Van Hoorebeeck Bart said:

    "Sunday I will use special tubes, that I have been keeping for 10
    years....

    .... in a foil-wrapped package I keep in my wallet."

    Quoted message said:

    Pressure is important too. Before the Ronde I secretly checked
    Lance's tubes. 7 kg. Too much for the cobbles."

    Results: RvV
    Nico Mattan +2:04
    LANCE s.t.

  3. Robert Chung schreef:

    Quoted message said:

    Results: RvV
    Nico Mattan +2:04
    LANCE s.t.

    I expect better from you.
    Like an equation with ( diff. race knowledge) and (diff. tech whizz) and
    (diff. teamrole) and (diff.ambition) balancing the (diff. athletic
    abilities) and (diff. Trappist drinking).

  4. Van Hoorebeeck Bart said:

    Robert Chung schreef:

    Quoted message said:

    Results: RvV
    Nico Mattan +2:04
    LANCE s.t.

    I expect better from you.
    Like an equation with ( diff. race knowledge) and (diff. tech whizz) and
    (diff. teamrole) and (diff.ambition) balancing the (diff. athletic
    abilities) and (diff. Trappist drinking).

    You didn't supply enough data. Without data, it's hard to come up with
    explanations; at least, unless you're Brian or Tom.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.