Maui Rides

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Gary Mishler, Apr 20, 2003.

  1. Gary Mishler

    Gary Mishler Guest

    Anyone have info on biking on Maui? What's the best company to use for biking down the volcano?

    Also, what other biking opportunities are there besides the volcano downhill ride?

    Thanks Mish

    Tags:

  2. Ken

    Ken Guest

  3. Colin B.

    Colin B. Guest

    "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Gary Mishler" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    > > Also, what other biking opportunities are there besides the
    volcano
    > > downhill ride?
    >
    > Ride up the volcano.

    I also recommend this ride. You can also ride a loop of either or both West Maui and East Maui. You
    can also take the ferry to Lanai, not sure of the ferry to Molokai.

    Colin

  4. Gary Mishler wrote:

    > Anyone have info on biking on Maui? What's the best company to use for biking down the volcano?
    >
    > Also, what other biking opportunities are there besides the volcano downhill ride?
    >
    > Thanks Mish

    Hi Mish,

    Don't use the tourist companies for the bike rides down Haleakala. Rent a bike and find someone to
    drive you up before sunrise (I guess a bike shop could point you in the right direction for finding
    a ride up). The sunrise is awesome and you'll have much more fun riding down on your own. We did one
    of the tourist bike rides and it was a big mistake. The bikes were awful, the ride took 6 hours to
    go 40 miles downhill, and lots of other complaints that I've recently griped about in this newsgroup
    so I don't want to repeat everything.

    Janet