Maurice De Meur is?

David Sommervil

Guest
Just maybe Maurice De Meur is -

Raymond Newton from the "Land of 6 peoples" (whatever the **** that means) Guyana. (Think Poison
Kool Aid.)

Maybe............ just maybe. Otherwise, our favorite boy Raymond, is a true master of disguise.
Time to fess up piggy!

I would also like to use the great words of a fellow RBR poster, DeezNuts.

"Who the **** Cares"

But maybe DeezNuts can do better, or Ronde Champ.

Hey Ronde, have you been riding your bike or should we call you Rounder Rump now?

--
David Sommerville http://davidsommerville.com [email protected]

>Subject: Maurice De Meur is? From: "David Sommerville" [email protected] Date: 1/13/2003
>5:34 PM Mountain Standard Time Message-id: <eWIU9.22795$%[email protected]>
>
>Just maybe Maurice De Meur is -
>
>Raymond Newton from the "Land of 6 peoples" (whatever the **** that means) Guyana. (Think Poison
>Kool Aid.)
>
>Maybe............ just maybe. Otherwise, our favorite boy Raymond, is a true master of disguise.
>Time to fess up piggy!
>
>I would also like to use the great words of a fellow RBR poster, DeezNuts.
>
>"Who the **** Cares"
>
>But maybe DeezNuts can do better, or Ronde Champ.
>
>Hey Ronde, have you been riding your bike or should we call you Rounder Rump now?
>
>--
>David Sommerville http://davidsommerville.com [email protected]

No seriously, David, I really feel uncomfortable right now. Are you ok tonight?

Maybe you are ovetrained.

Rod Kingston USCF Expert Coach

Probably no one cares, but...

Maurice De Muer rode without great distinction in the post war period, retiring in 1951. He rode and
finished the Tour in 1950 and took 3rd in the 1946 Paris-Tours. He won the 1944 Paris-Camembert
which is one he can rub LANCE's nose in.

In the 70s he was DS for teams like Peugeot and Motobecane directing riders like Cedric Vasseur's
dad, Bernard Thevenet and Luis Ocana.

As a Frenchman it is unlikely that he ever settled in Freiburg or rode at Prospect Park. If he is
servicing a wife and mistress at his age then he is likely to be doping.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]

January 1st, 2002

Weather:

This winter is still a tough one. It snowed on Christmas day about 4-5 inches and its finally melted
away. Why does this effect training? Two MAJOR aspects of snow on the ground - ROAD SALT and RUN
OFF. Try riding in 38 degree weather and having to go through snow run off puddles. You get all wet
and well its sucks. We had a extra warm day here yesterday and I was happy to get a good training
ride in with the 48 degree weather. Too bad Flatted twice on the ride!

Training:

Still pretty much on track. I missed some hours in my "big" week last week due to the weather. Its
damn hard to put it 21 hours in the winter time.

Started Base 2 training this week. Time for tempo intervals. I setup my TT bike position and went
out for a spin yesterday. (see above about flats, ugh) I plan on doing some serious training on the
TT rig. We will see how that goes. Check back in 2 months. Fitness is increasing and starting to
spend some time in higher HR and power zones while out on the weekend coached group rides.

Looks like Mallorca is not going to happen. The plane tickets are much higher this year. I cant
afford to go with the new rates. Bummer. It looks like I will be staying here for the duration
of the winter. Maybe Valley of the Sun but it may also be too expensive for the value of the
time spent.

Will start a diligent nutritional regime this week. My weight is still very high. I know I am
carrying extra muscle from the gym but not 7 pounds!

Gym Workouts:

Why do I list these? Well this is my first "real" year of following a program at the gym. Started
Explosive Power phase this week. These exercises actually hurt more than Maximum Strength phase.
Still sticking like glue to the schedule and I am still fat. 145 lbs.

Coaching:

I have reached my maximum limit of riders I can handle. With 11 guys, and myself, its tough give the
attention to quality that I want to provide.Some of the guys are starting to "stray" from their
schedules. Maybe its the holidays, increased work load (or actually work load for some), structure
or whatever. Hopefully they will get back on track. If not there is only 1 month left in their
initial 3 month schedules and they may get dropped since its a waste of my time and their money.

I will raise my rates for the next 3 month schedule. With some thought I have decided not to accept
riders unless they have previous race experience. Cat 5's need to have fun, ride for enjoyment and
make new friends. Starting new riders out with my program is kind of cruel. Way too structured and
intense. I have found that I am spending time just teaching guys how to ride their bikes in a
straight line, rotate, drink, shift and blow their nose! These are aspects of Skills Development
classes not personal coaching.

Looks like Shane can get back to riding his bike after the "injury." Yea..

Life:

I can VERY happily say that I have paid off one of my charge cards. Becoming Debt free is my single
major personal goal for 2003. Other than that things are about as boring as they can get.

Work - For the record I officially booked $44,000 less this year than last.

THAT IS A 40% DECREASE. Bad news. The "economy" is about as bad as I can ever remember. What does
all this mean? Well I don't buy anything "extra" anymore that's for sure.

Chickie - Kristy stayed over the Xmas holiday for a few days. While at my place she, at my figs,
rode the Computrainer allot and stole the covers. A productive visit!

Car - Nada, nothing saved. Maybe this wont happen.. maybe. I MUST buy a car this year for racing.
With the "economy" so bad it will be hard. I am planning on using the funds from my coaching service
to purchase a car. Time will tell.

Maurice, living the $44,000 less than last year dream Freiburg

David Sommerville wrote:

>Just maybe Maurice De Meur is -
>
>Raymond Newton from the "Land of 6 peoples" (whatever the **** that means) Guyana. (Think Poison
>Kool Aid.)
>
>Maybe............ just maybe. Otherwise, our favorite boy Raymond, is a true master of disguise.
>Time to fess up piggy!
>
>I would also like to use the great words of a fellow RBR poster, DeezNuts.
>
>"Who the **** Cares"
>
>But maybe DeezNuts can do better, or Ronde Champ.
>
>Hey Ronde, have you been riding your bike or should we call you Rounder Rump now?
>
>--
>David Sommerville http://davidsommerville.com [email protected]

DEC 12, 2002

Here are the latest updates:

Weather:

The weather in New York City has been pretty bad. Colder than normal (read below freezing most days)
and we have got 6 inches of snow on the ground that still has not melted away.

Training:

3 weeks of transition prep phase for 2003 is already over. It went fairly well. I was surprised to
see how much fitness I lost while taking it easy in Late September and October. (I did ride some!)
Test are all done now and its time to regain fitness and work on my limiters for next season.

Now into my Base 1 period.

The hours go up from here. Things are looking up. Trek fits just fine. This carbon bike is much
better than the Aegis. Trying as best as I can do finish all the hours scheduled per week but
this is hard due to weather. Spent more time on the computrainer so far this year than all of
last season.

I still want to go to Mallorca, Spain from Feb. 27 to March but I donut have any firm commitments
from any others wishing to travel with me. I cant, or wont, go by myself. If this trip gets
cancelled then I may do the first big National type race, Valley of the Sun, in Arizona in February.
Trying to find out some info on getting into The Milk Race - Tour of Ireland for 2003. You have to
try NOW to get a spot.

Gym workouts:

Finished Adaptation Phase (AA) and started progressing into Maximum Strength (MS). I can actually
see a change for once in my life. My bad knee feels better since I have been working on it to
strengthen the surrounding junk.

Confession - I never liked gym stuff so I have never really committed myself to a diligent schedule.
This year is different. Still got the extra weight I put on at end of season but now its more muscle
than fat. Not sure if this is good or bad. Wait until the first hilly race and I'll let you know!

Coaching:

So far so good. I now have 8 solid clients. Starting 2 more next week. One lives out of town
(Boston) so this will be a new challenge. The guys are progressing along well. Lost Shane to
injury. He crashed on one of the training rides, during a decent, and broke his clavicle. Out for 4
weeks (2 weeks left). With the bad weather here lately I must say the guys have all been great with
trying to stick to their schedules. By spending so much time coaching others my personal riding has
improved. (yea)

Life:

Things here are about the same. No real ups or down, which is fine with me! Health has been good
with no major problems with diet (other than I am still fat) and other aspects. I have been working
VERY hard on paying off all my Charge Card Debt. I can happily say that I have less than HALF of
what I stared with 3 months ago. I plan on 0 balance before March.

Kristy - She is still away at Law School. Saw here for a day around Thanksgiving. She came on one of
the Coached group rides which was pretty spiffy.

Work - still pretty lame. The "hair" economy still sucks big time. It has picked up a slight bit but
I am still WAY off from previous years.

Car - Still haven't saved a penny. I want to pay off all debts first. Looking to purchase something
in February.

Maurice Freiburg

David Sommerville wrote:

>>No seriously, David, I really feel uncomfortable right now. Are you ok
>>
>tonight?
>

>>Maybe you are ovetrained.
>>
>>Rod Kingston USCF Expert Coach
>>

>Could be.. Morning Hr was much higher than normal even with the standard morning wood syndrome.
>Grumpy all day and craving 400 mg of caffeine per hour.
>
>Might have something to do with the 1.5 hours of 28 mph motorpacing yesterday in Zone 3. (Too many
>numbers..) Last week was tough with 21.75 hours scheduled. Only managed to get 17 hours in since it
>was 24 degrees on Saturday and missed my 3 hour ride outside. Lost another 1.75 hours yesterday
>since well... it was **** cold again. You know I have to ride my ass off since everyone else around
>here turned PRO. My brain is mush.
>
>Thanks for the concern, we have to make sure I don't burnout and retire from RBR or anything
>(wish wish).
>
>I am hoping you recover from your bed injury. Repeating the exercise with lower reps and less
>intensity is good for recovery. Also you should try stretching a bit after a short warm-up in bed.
>Its also good to wear your Hr monitor, set to 5 second recording since well you may not last 5
>seconds, and try and keep your HR at below 70% or max or if you have had a Bed Vo2 test (Or Power
>LT test) no higher than Zone 3.
>
>Things should be spiffy soon - My supplement manufacturer was out of my latest supplement so I got
>a cheaper brand at the store today. I got an extra bottle just in case I need it for later. (Same
>Brand as Pinheada, Monger and my old coach turned me on to it, Dopadenko)
>
>I should be just fine and back to high flying by next week.
>
>Thanks for the concern..
>

>Davis Hammerville

"David Sommerville" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:2QKU9.23618$%[email protected]...

> > No seriously, David, I really feel uncomfortable right now. Are you ok
> tonight?
> >

> > Maybe you are ovetrained.
> >
> > Rod Kingston USCF Expert Coach
>
> Could be.. Morning Hr was much higher than normal even with the standard morning wood syndrome.
> Grumpy all day and craving 400 mg of caffeine per hour.
>
> Might have something to do with the 1.5 hours of 28 mph motorpacing yesterday in Zone 3. (Too many
> numbers..) Last week was tough with 21.75 hours scheduled. Only managed to get 17 hours in since
> it was 24 degrees
on
> Saturday and missed my 3 hour ride outside. Lost another 1.75 hours yesterday since well... it was
> **** cold again. You know I have to ride my ass off since everyone else around here turned PRO. My
> brain is mush.

David, please tell me that you are seriously not training all those hours, yet you still can't
get on a real team. Even in my prime, when I was on top form and super-motivated, I never put in
those hours.

Thanks, Ronde Champ

"ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> David, please tell me that you are seriously not training all those hours, yet you still can't
> get on a real team. Even in my prime, when I was on top form and super-motivated, I never put in
> those hours.

The really funny part of all of this is that Palachick really doesn't see the connection.

> "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > David, please tell me that you are seriously not training all those
hours,
> > yet you still can't get on a real team. Even in my prime, when I was on
top
> > form and super-motivated, I never put in those hours.
>
> The really funny part of all of this is that Palachick really doesn't see the connection.

Please explain, please.

Thanks, Ronde Champ