Mavic 571 hub question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Sparetire, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Sparetire

    Sparetire Guest

    hi there,

    anyone have a good idea of the reliability of the Mavic 571 hubs from years ago?

    They have a unusual pawl arrangement. Just wanted to know if that's any good.

    thanks for your time

    sc

    Tags:

  2. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "sparetire" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi there,
    >
    > anyone have a good idea of the reliability of the Mavic 571 hubs from
    years
    > ago?
    >
    > They have a unusual pawl arrangement. Just wanted to know if that's any good.
    >

    > thanks for your time
    >
    > sc

    I have a pair on one of my pairs of training wheels. They seem to be great hubs.

    I'm not sure that they're any lighter than D/A or Record, but they're definitely something you don't
    see everyday.

    Mike

  3. Dion Dock

    Dion Dock Guest

    They seem to work pretty well.

    I believe all of the Mavic hubs from that generation (Heliums, Cosmics, etc) used the same
    mechanism. I haven't heard any anecdotal evidence of problems.

    -Dion