Mavic 571 hub question

Sparetire

Guest
hi there,

anyone have a good idea of the reliability of the Mavic 571 hubs from years ago?

They have a unusual pawl arrangement. Just wanted to know if that's any good.

thanks for your time

sc

Originally posted by Sparetire
hi there,

anyone have a good idea of the reliability of the Mavic 571 hubs from years ago?

They have a unusual pawl arrangement. Just wanted to know if that's any good.

thanks for your time

sc
I use them with very good results. They wear very well and are quite serviceable. However, finding parts isn't easy compared to Shimano and Campy.
Campy and Shimano HG Cassette bodies were, at one time, both available for this hub.

"sparetire" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> hi there,
>
> anyone have a good idea of the reliability of the Mavic 571 hubs from years ago?
>
> They have a unusual pawl arrangement. Just wanted to know if that's any good.
>

> thanks for your time
>
> sc

My brother has been riding his for years, I rebuilt them recently - very nice. Hubs are a little
heavy but no problems, at least not here.

App