Mavic Cosmic Carbone cassette rattle

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Darrell, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrell

Darrell Guest

I have an 2001 set of Carbones which I use for some races. When I put a Shimano cassette on the rear
    last weekend I noticed that there was a little bit of space between the cogs despite the fact that I
    had tightened the lockring down quite a bit. I can actually see the the cogs from side to side a bit
    with just some finger pressure. The end result is that the rear wheel is rideable but with extra
    noise whenever I shift or the road is a bit rough.

Is there are way to fix this or do I need some sort of spacer to take up the extra room? I tried
    using a spare spacer from another Shimano cogset but that was a bit too wide so the smallest cog and
    lockring didn't fit.

TIA

Tags:

2. darrell-<< I have an 2001 set of Carbones which I use for some races. When I put a Shimano cassette
    on the rear last weekend I noticed that there was a little bit of space between the cogs despite the
    fact that I had tightened the lockring down quite a bit.

<< Is there are way to fix this or do I need some sort of spacer to take up the extra room?

1mm spacer on before the casette should fix it...

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.