Mavic Cosmic Equipe

crosfire4

Jan 25, 2004
I just picked up a front cosmic equipe at a swap for $10. The wheel is true and rolls great, I got there at the end and the guy did not want to take it back home with him. I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it? I tried the Mavic site but there is nothing there on it. It's black, bladed spokes and tubular. I was hoping to find a rear to this, and if so how much should I be looking to pay. I am sure I got a great deal on the front, so I am expecting a little more for the rear. Any help from anyone is appreciated. I don't know much about higher end wheels, I have a friend who has been helping me make most of my own.

I bought a pair of second-hand Equipe's a few years back for £150 (UK) so you've got a bargain. Compared to the latest Mavic wheels they are on the heavy side but they are tough and very stiff. I still run them on my race bike.

Originally posted by crosfire4
I just picked up a front cosmic equipe at a swap for $10. The wheel is true and rolls great, I got there at the end and the guy did not want to take it back home with him. I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it? I tried the Mavic site but there is nothing there on it. It's black, bladed spokes and tubular. I was hoping to find a rear to this, and if so how much should I be looking to pay. I am sure I got a great deal on the front, so I am expecting a little more for the rear. Any help from anyone is appreciated. I don't know much about higher end wheels, I have a friend who has been helping me make most of my own.

As I understand it, the Equipe line is a more affordable version of upper end wheels. I'm not familiar with the Cosmic Equipe but I would imagine it's a similar situation to the Ksyrium Equipe which is the least expensive of the Ksyrium Line. It borrows repuation from the upper end Ksyrium SSC SL. Next in the line is the Ksyrium Elite and then the Ksyrium Equipe. If my theory about Mavic's strategy concerning the Cosmic line following the same naming technique then the Cosmic Equipe may borrow little more from the upper end Cosmics than the name. The Ksyrium Equipe wheelset costs less than half of what the SSC SL costs and as one might expect, didn't fare well in reviews. At the price you paid you can't have gone wrong. I think the Ksyrium Equipes go for around $350 U.S. per set.