Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Mavic Cosmic Pro parts

Started by Mark Walker · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,653 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
8 May 2005
Last activity
6 April 2010
Original author
Mark Walker
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,653
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi

    I have a Mavic Cosmic Pro front with some damaged spokes. I have tried my local bike shop and the spoke suppliers, but apparently they do not make these spokes any more. Does anyone know if I can find spokes for this wheel? Is there another solution?
    Does anyone have any spares? Or an old wheel?
    I would hate to have to bin them, but if they can not be repaired I don't know what else I can do.

  2. Mark Walker said:

    Hi

    I have a Mavic Cosmic Pro front with some damaged spokes. I have tried my local bike shop and the spoke suppliers, but apparently they do not make these spokes any more. Does anyone know if I can find spokes for this wheel? Is there another solution?
    Does anyone have any spares? Or an old wheel?
    I would hate to have to bin them, but if they can not be repaired I don't know what else I can do.

    This is why I dislike Boutique wheels with special spokes, etc.

    Worse is when you need a new rim and you have to send the whole wheel back to the factory and pay shipping both ways.

    Good luck in finding some spokes.

    I'm not sure what type they use, but sometimes they can be custom made.

  3. try cambria bicycle emporium, ask for bubba. he will have to ask tom or mark, but go through him.
    530-823-7444
    they got 'em!

    Mark Walker said:

    Hi

    I have a Mavic Cosmic Pro front with some damaged spokes. I have tried my local bike shop and the spoke suppliers, but apparently they do not make these spokes any more. Does anyone know if I can find spokes for this wheel? Is there another solution?
    Does anyone have any spares? Or an old wheel?
    I would hate to have to bin them, but if they can not be repaired I don't know what else I can do.

  4. I need help as well! the hub on the mavic cosmic pro seems like a shell protecting the bearings and then the axle. Unfortunely, i found a wheel with that but i think somethings missing. the axle seems too long to mount on the fork and there is no locknut on the axle to press a quick release against. what's wrong?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.