Mavic Crossmax SLR 26 broken spokes

Joseeduardo

Sep 17, 2014
Hi all, I have some rims Mavic Crossmax SLR 26 disk and have had three broken spokes in recent weeks in my back wheel, especially on the side of the cassette, have been replaced by specialized mechanic, and without any particular reason and rolling on flat ground without obstacles, re-break
I think there is a problem in the assembly of the spokes strike, I wonder if anyone has had this problem, or if anyone can suggest me something to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Joseeduardo

Originally Posted by Joseeduardo
Hi all, I have some rims Mavic Crossmax SLR 26 disk and have had three broken spokes in recent weeks in my back wheel, especially on the side of the cassette, have been replaced by specialized mechanic, and without any particular reason and rolling on flat ground without obstacles, re-break
I think there is a problem in the assembly of the spokes strike, I wonder if anyone has had this problem, or if anyone can suggest me something to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Joseeduardo
FYI. Your "specialized mechanic" probably did not de-tension ALL of the spokes before re-truing the wheel ...

• YOU should probably take the time to learn how to lace-and-true wheels (front & rear) and then you won't have the problem in the future.