mavic CXP33

Well I just got me a new wheel set made with CXP33 rims and Sapim CX-Ray spokes and Campy Record Hubs...
They're not ready jet (next week I'll ride em for the very first time). But it looks good, REAL good.
CXP33 is a good rim, very strong... also used for cross

Originally posted by cmcdavid64
any opinions on mavic CXP33 rims.
ride on.

Put 36 spokes on the rear, 32 spokes on the front, and the things are better than bullet proof, they are clydesdale proof. I know one guy who weighs over 300lbs who has ridden a set of CXP33's with the 36/32 set up for over 10,000 miles and not a hint of anything wrong. He had them trued at 1,000 miles, and there were just about spot on. Nothing since except a weekly thorough cleaning with the rest of the bike.

The CXP33 is a very sturdy semi-aero wheel, and is probably the best Mavic offering for training and general road use.

Originally posted by cmcdavid64
any opinions on mavic CXP33 rims.
ride on.

I bought a pair of CXP33 with ultegra hubs in May of this year. I've put about 6000 km on them commuting to work, on weekend rides and the occasional club ride. I weigh 240 lbs (110 kg). I have ridden them on pretty well every possible road surface that you can imagine and I havn't had any problems with them yet. They stay true. I think that they are one of the best all around rims that you can buy. They are light weight and very strong. I am really impressed with them.