Mavic Ksyrium 2003 hub rebuild?

Any idea where I can find a diagram/instructions for a Mavic Ksyrium
2003 hub rebuild (primarily the rear hub)? I managed to find the '00,
'01, '04, '06 and none seem to match mine.........? Mavic's site looks
kinda worthless. Thanks!

[email protected] wrote:
> Any idea where I can find a diagram/instructions for a Mavic Ksyrium
> 2003 hub rebuild (primarily the rear hub)? I managed to find the '00,
> '01, '04, '06 and none seem to match mine.........? Mavic's site looks
> kinda worthless. Thanks!

I did one by feel yesterday - not sure the year, but they can't be that
different? Zinn had a basic guide, but nothing you couldn't figure out
yourself, as there are so few parts.

1. Remove cassette
2. Remove Axle with Allen key 5mm on either side and unwind to remove
one piece from either side
3. Remove plastic cap and spacer on left with special tool (I used
circlip pliers)
4. Lift off freehub body, taking care not to lose pawls or springs
5. Lift off cartridge bearing end caps with a razor blade, grease and
replace
6. Lube freehub with light oil and replace freehub by holding in the
pawls (tweezers or a friend with thin fingers) and dropping the freehub
on
7. Replace axle halves and screw back together with Allen keys. Tension
so that wheel spins freely on hub
8. Replace plastic cap on left to finger tightness and add spacer.

Job done, easy peasy. My mate is happy.

Donga

[email protected] wrote:
> Any idea where I can find a diagram/instructions for a Mavic Ksyrium
> 2003 hub rebuild (primarily the rear hub)? I managed to find the '00,
> '01, '04, '06 and none seem to match mine.........? Mavic's site looks
> kinda worthless. Thanks!

Pop the left end off(just pushed into place), 10mm allen in the left
side, 5mm allen in the right axle end-lefty loosey...freehub off after
the right end is out(catch the pawls!!). Pin tool for the left adjust
cap while holding the axle with the 10mm...see the bearings. Clean, OIL
the freehub, grease or replace the bearings. Add a .5mm washer to the
right ide axle end when you reassemble.

Question on the bearings......they look sealed to me (ie, can't see any
ball-bearings, just the doughnut shaped disc they're in), so is there
any point in greasing?

[email protected] wrote:
> Question on the bearings......they look sealed to me (ie, can't see any
> ball-bearings, just the doughnut shaped disc they're in), so is there
> any point in greasing?

Always....pry the rubber seal off with a knife blade and add grease in
there, replace the seal.

> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > Any idea where I can find a diagram/instructions for a Mavic Ksyrium
> > > 2003 hub rebuild (primarily the rear hub)? I managed to find the '00,
> > > '01, '04, '06 and none seem to match mine.........? Mavic's site looks
> > > kinda worthless. Thanks!

> > Pop the left end off(just pushed into place), 10mm allen in the left
> > side, 5mm allen in the right axle end-lefty loosey...freehub off after
> > the right end is out(catch the pawls!!). Pin tool for the left adjust
> > cap while holding the axle with the 10mm...see the bearings. Clean, OIL
> > the freehub, grease or replace the bearings. Add a .5mm washer to the
> > right ide axle end when you reassemble.

U R the man, thanks!

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Question on the bearings......they look sealed to me (ie, can't see any
> > ball-bearings, just the doughnut shaped disc they're in), so is there
> > any point in greasing?

> Always....pry the rubber seal off with a knife blade and add grease in
> there, replace the seal.
> >

> > Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> > >
> > > Pop the left end off(just pushed into place), 10mm allen in the left
> > > side, 5mm allen in the right axle end-lefty loosey...freehub off after
> > > the right end is out(catch the pawls!!). Pin tool for the left adjust
> > > cap while holding the axle with the 10mm...see the bearings. Clean, OIL
> > > the freehub, grease or replace the bearings. Add a .5mm washer to the
> > > right ide axle end when you reassemble.

One more question.......would you remove and re-grease bearings on Zipp
wheels too since they're completely sealed bearings? Thanks!

[email protected] wrote:
> One more question.......would you remove and re-grease bearings on Zipp
> wheels too since they're completely sealed bearings? Thanks!

Regrease all bearings on all hybs regularly.