Mavic Ksyrium Elite 2 Wheels 2006

masont

Dec 7, 2005
Anyone used these wheels? Are they reliable?

Sorting out a new bike for training and challenge events - parkers have them at a good price at the moment.

Are they any good or better to sticking to normal hubs and open pros?

Thanks

I'm not a racer or gram counter, but I do know these have a great reputation for durability. Mine have about 3000 miles on them (occasionally rough pavement) and are still perfectly true. And they look good - though that is personal preference. I've read some people complaining about them being "too stiff" but I have never thought so personally on 100 miles rides.

roadhog said:
I'm not a racer or gram counter, but I do know these have a great reputation for durability. Mine have about 3000 miles on them (occasionally rough pavement) and are still perfectly true. And they look good - though that is personal preference. I've read some people complaining about them being "too stiff" but I have never thought so personally on 100 miles rides.
well I don't mind stiff wheels - just want something reliable + looking good is a benefit :)

Then I would think these might be a good fit for you. "Reliable" and "Durable" are definitely words to describe the Ksyrium Elites. I think they are good bang for the buck. You should be able to find quite a few consumer reviews for these wheels using Google or something. They are pretty popular.