Mavic Ksyrium Equipe/Campy question

Ed Lingo

Guest
Hello,

I just bought a Mavic Ksyrium Equipe for Campy wheelset from my LBS. The
Mavic cassette lockring (aluminum) has a diameter of 3.73cm and does not
allow the chain to fully engage the 11 tooth gear (Campagnolo Centaur 10
spped group). Instead, the chain (Wippermann stainless steel) rides on top
of the lockring, jumping in and out of gear. The original Campy lockring
(steel) has a diameter of 3.505cm and works fine on the Equipe. My LBS
stated that I have to use the Mavic lockring. Is there a smaller Mavic
Ksyrium Equipe lockring for the Campy 10 speed groups? (I checked Mavic's
website but they don't seem to have an email address or phone number listed)

Ed

Ed Lingo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just bought a Mavic Ksyrium Equipe for Campy wheelset from my LBS. The
> Mavic cassette lockring (aluminum) has a diameter of 3.73cm and does not
> allow the chain to fully engage the 11 tooth gear (Campagnolo Centaur 10
> spped group). Instead, the chain (Wippermann stainless steel) rides on top
> of the lockring, jumping in and out of gear. The original Campy lockring
> (steel) has a diameter of 3.505cm and works fine on the Equipe. My LBS
> stated that I have to use the Mavic lockring. Is there a smaller Mavic
> Ksyrium Equipe lockring for the Campy 10 speed groups? (I checked Mavic's
> website but they don't seem to have an email address or phone number listed)

<OT> Strange. And you sure got me going now. I just went and measured my
Veloce and Record lockrings and found them both to be ca. 3,8 cm in
diameter. These work fine down to 12 teeth IME. Haven't tried 11 tooth
cog though (because I just can't push that kind of gear). </OT>

Funny that Campagnolo have the larger lockring, on Record hub. Does this
mean that one has to buy a special lockring, even for Campag, if going
down to 11 tooth?

/Robert

No, the smaller (11t) lockring comes with the 11-X Campy cassette.

"Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ed Lingo wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just bought a Mavic Ksyrium Equipe for Campy wheelset from my LBS.

The
> > Mavic cassette lockring (aluminum) has a diameter of 3.73cm and does not
> > allow the chain to fully engage the 11 tooth gear (Campagnolo Centaur 10
> > spped group). Instead, the chain (Wippermann stainless steel) rides on

top
> > of the lockring, jumping in and out of gear. The original Campy

lockring
> > (steel) has a diameter of 3.505cm and works fine on the Equipe. My LBS
> > stated that I have to use the Mavic lockring. Is there a smaller Mavic
> > Ksyrium Equipe lockring for the Campy 10 speed groups? (I checked

Mavic's
> > website but they don't seem to have an email address or phone number

listed)

> <OT> Strange. And you sure got me going now. I just went and measured my
> Veloce and Record lockrings and found them both to be ca. 3,8 cm in
> diameter. These work fine down to 12 teeth IME. Haven't tried 11 tooth
> cog though (because I just can't push that kind of gear). </OT>
>
> Funny that Campagnolo have the larger lockring, on Record hub. Does this
> mean that one has to buy a special lockring, even for Campag, if going
> down to 11 tooth?
>
> /Robert

emlingo-<< I just bought a Mavic Ksyrium Equipe for Campy wheelset from my LBS.
The
Mavic cassette lockring (aluminum) has a diameter of 3.73cm and does not
allow the chain to fully engage the 11 tooth gear (Campagnolo Centaur 10
spped group). >><BR><BR>

Your bike shop should know this. You need a first gen Campagnolo lockring for
9s.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

wannagofast wrote:

> No, the smaller (11t) lockring comes with the 11-X Campy cassette.

OK. Thanks /Robert