Mavic Ksyrium rear hub maintenance

mrklein

Sep 27, 2006
I bet this has been covered before but: I understand that Mavic Ksyrium (SSC) back hubs require lubrication fairly often. Is there a description out there of the procedure? I remember that these wheels are not too popular with many but I have them so...Thanks!

mrklein said:
I bet this has been covered before but: I understand that Mavic Ksyrium (SSC) back hubs require lubrication fairly often. Is there a description out there of the procedure? I remember that these wheels are not too popular with many but I have them so...Thanks!
Here is a link to the Mavic Technical Manual,
Username=mavic-com
Password=dealer

Fairly easy, I just did my Ksyrium SL3's they are much quieter and smoother, baby oil will work or someone else stated Mobil 1 oil. Mavic Recomends Pedros Road Rage Lube.

http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/technical_manual/data/index.php

And if the freehub starts to rock while installed, then it may be in need of replacement.

mrklein said:
Here is a link from youtube that might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzoBeJ5HaOI

mrklein said:

2 links in other posts on how to do it(simple, BTW)but when you slide the freehub body off, do it over a clean, preferably, white cloth. The teeny springs on the pawls scream, 'lose me!!'.

I use Mobil One. Cheap, doesn't get thick when cold, tenacious.

Peter@vecchios said:
2 links in other posts on how to do it(simple, BTW)but when you slide the freehub body off, do it over a clean, preferably, white cloth. The teeny springs on the pawls scream, 'lose me!!'.

I use Mobil One. Cheap, doesn't get thick when cold, tenacious.
Hey Peter,
What do you use to clean your breaking surface with? I am assuming you have or had Mavic wheels, mine are marked up quite a bit already from my pads, Tektro R570 Breaks and pads, came stock on my Fuji.

Thanks

Fujiman said:
Hey Peter,
What do you use to clean your breaking surface with? I am assuming you have or had Mavic wheels, mine are marked up quite a bit already from my pads, Tektro R570 Breaks and pads, came stock on my Fuji.

Thanks

Had/have some Mavic rims, I have never owned wheelsouttaboxes BUT Frequently use a rough file on your pads to get the teeny metal shards out of it, emery paper on the rim.