Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Mavic Ksyriums - Casette Query

Started by alans220 · · Last activity · 2 posts · 903 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
23 June 2006
Last activity
23 June 2006
Original author
alans220
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
903
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all,

    New here, looks like a good forum.

    I have a pair of Mavic Ksyriums, about 3 years old, not sure what the model is, they are fitted with an 8 speed casette.

    I want to upgrade to 9 or 10 speed, anyone know if they will accept these casettes.

    thanks

    al

  2. alans220 said:

    I have a pair of Mavic Ksyriums, about 3 years old, not sure what the model is, they are fitted with an 8 speed casette.

    I want to upgrade to 9 or 10 speed, anyone know if they will accept these casettes.

    Yes, the odds are exceedingly high that you can fit either a 9-speed or 10-speed cassette on your freehub body (which is probably a Shimano compatible freehub body).

    Same is true even if it a Campagnolo cassette ... I could fit an 8-speed, 9-speed & 10-speed cassette on my MAVIC Ksyrium rear wheel.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.