Mavic Kysrium SSC SL spoke wrench

geoff doughty

Sep 18, 2003
Does anybody know where I can purchase the above, as I desperately need one before this weekend.

Cheers

geoff doughty said:
Does anybody know where I can purchase the above, as I desperately need one before this weekend.

Cheers

Why don't you just call a local shop and see if you can borrow or buy one.

geoff doughty said:

Cheers
I have a buddy who has those specific wheels. He uses a plain old Park spoke wrench (black). Is there some reason you don't think that will work?

They're bladded spokes and therefore you need 2 tools - one to hold the bladed portion still and the other to turn the spoke at entry point.

Unless you need to carry it on your bike, a pair of Vise Grips with a few layers of duct tape on the jaws will do the job.

Vise grips ?? Duct Tape ?? Are you kidding ?? He's got Ksyrium SSC SL's !!! would you also recommmend he remove his Porsche lugs with a hacksaw ??

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

litespeedguy said:
Vise grips ?? Duct Tape ?? Are you kidding ?? He's got Ksyrium SSC SL's !!! would you also recommmend he remove his Porsche lugs with a hacksaw ??

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No. I'd recomend a lug wrench. But I wouldn't tell him to fly to Germany to pick up a special Porsche lug wrench. Just because it doesn't say Mavic on the side doesn't mean it won't hold the spoke in place. They aren't made of glass you know.

truth be known, I actually agree with the vise grip/duct tape approach and there's probably a host of other good ideas - sometimes you have to improvise.

BTW Mavic North America is headquartered in Haverill, MA but they will only send parts to LBS's ; if he needs the official Mavic tool ( it's just a plastic thingy) it's worth a call through an LBS and maybe they could Fed Ex the tool in time for the weekend.